Part 1/2 scaffolders pay...

Bolton

Reaction score
I'm a part 1 going for part 2 in July on £6.68 an hour 60 hours a week weekends time and a quarter and there's lads with no tickets and part ones with not as much experience as me getting out through there training and on more money, boss said he'd pay for mine but I'd have to wait as there's people who have been there longer waiting for training longer than I've been there which is fair enough, most of these lads are lazy counts and don't do dog all and doss about where as I don't!

I'm just wandering what money I should be on especially as I've paid out for both part 1&2 off my own back on crap money!

Any feed back would be appreciated,
Cheers bolton

I would want £8 per hour fella, just voice it to your boss, if it falls on dead ears do your offshore when you have your part2 sorted and your 1day assesment done and try and get offshore, money is still good and you have alot of time off and aint rushed one bit away a hear!

I'm a part 1 going for part 2 in July on £6.68 an hour 60 hours a week weekends time and a quarter and there's lads with no tickets and part ones with not as much experience as me getting out through there training and on more money, boss said he'd pay for mine but I'd have to wait as there's people who have been there longer waiting for training longer than I've been there which is fair enough, most of these lads are lazy counts and don't do dog all and doss about where as I don't!

I'm just wandering what money I should be on especially as I've paid out for both part 1&2 off my own back on crap money!

Any feed back would be appreciated,
Cheers bolton

I work mainly in London, so i go by 'London Rates'.
(rough estimates on what i think a Scaffolder SHOULD get atleast)
Part 1 = £110'ish.
Part 2 = £130'ish.
Advanced = £150+ 'ish...

I try to aim for £150 a day.
But its like anything in life, you get what you pay for. You wanna pay crap money, you get crap attitude, crap loyalty, crap timekeeping, crap work... you wanna pay good money you get good attitude, etc etc.

Like ANYTHING in this world.
You wanna spend £3 on a bunch of flowers for the wife, you get shiite - you wanna spend £30 you get a decent boquet. :)

I dont see why our trade should be any different.
Recession or no.

I work mainly in London, so i go by 'London Rates'.
(rough estimates on what i think a Scaffolder SHOULD get atleast)
Part 1 = £110'ish.
Part 2 = £130'ish.
Advanced = £150+ 'ish...

I try to aim for £150 a day.
But its like anything in life, you get what you pay for. You wanna pay crap money, you get crap attitude, crap loyalty, crap timekeeping, crap work... you wanna pay good money you get good attitude, etc etc.

Like ANYTHING in this world.
You wanna spend £3 on a bunch of flowers for the wife, you get shiite - you wanna spend £30 you get a decent boquet. :)

I dont see why our trade should be any different.
Recession or no.

Why pay for flowers? You can always pick up a reasonable bunch for nowt at any cemetery or crematorium.

Eventually I want to get off shore or on the blue book scheme with my a card but for the time being I'm happy where I am it's a good firm with loads of work and good sense of loyalty to the lads just abit peeved that I'm on a 3 month rolling contract and payed less than any one else and work harder but that's life!
We're all the way down in Devon aswell which doesn't help matters
Will have to go in and see him come July

Thanks for your help lads!

Eventually I want to get off shore or on the blue book scheme with my a card but for the time being I'm happy where I am it's a good firm with loads of work and good sense of loyalty to the lads just abit peeved that I'm on a 3 month rolling contract and payed less than any one else and work harder but that's life!
We're all the way down in Devon aswell which doesn't help matters
Will have to go in and see him come July

Thanks for your help lads!

Hi Bolton,

I'm surprised there was not more replies to this telling you how much the super stars are on an hour but lets not kid ourselves on, it really doesn't matter where you are from, if you have paid for your own training that is a poor rate to be on. I assume there is not many options your way or you would have been off already, you also say there is a strong loyalty bond to this firm although I fail to see why when he fails to pay you the same as others.

I would definitely speak to the gaffer after the holidays and either get him to up your rate or as a minimum get your part 2 done through him.

He said he would pay for the part 2 but I'd have to wait probably till jan 2014! I'm nit waiting that long to be able to do the job I love doing without some patronising site agent
Watching over me criticising me... I don't mind paying for it my self because ill always have its jut when I see bloke sat in the truck or canteen when it's raining and there's only a few of us out init it makes me question it, but I know the hard work will pay off as I'm only 20 and its a fairly big firm and one of the better ones from down here!
Just want a better understanding of what and where I should be at come new year/ July time

Thanks for all the help though guys

Explain to your boss that you think you are worth more, pick your best partner and ask for price work.
You will then see what you are worth to that firm.

Well, good luck Bolton nice to hear you know how to do it and at least you will have no qualms about leaving this job for pastures new when the time comes.

Explain to your boss that you think you are worth more, pick your best partner and ask for price work.
You will then see what you are worth to that firm.

all well can good but if i was to say that to me gaffer ad get threw the **** jobs 6ft tower with 40 miles between them wouldnt let ya near a big job on price lol

No one on our firm is on price due to some of the decent blokes being to expensive as such lol not they care and some jackass's taking the piss! But that's another storie! Boss knows soon as I can I'm off to rigs and power stations may Evan try for Hinckley point when I've my part 2 although it would be nice to stay with the same firm... Decision ill have to make come the right time

Thanks lads

all well can good but if i was to say that to me gaffer ad get threw the **** jobs 6ft tower with 40 miles between them wouldnt let ya near a big job on price lol

The smaller jobs normally end up more profitable, they should be priced in accordance with their location.

You can have as many cards as you like,it wont improve your stock with the boss,what will is being able to get the job in correctly,on or under time,not leaving jobs with an hours work still on them which becomes half a feckin day tomorrow,being reliable with the ability to listen,pride in your job,and being honest,of course having all your cards helps as long as all of the above is applicable;)

You can have as many cards as you like,it wont improve your stock with the boss,what will is being able to get the job in correctly,on or under time,not leaving jobs with an hours work still on them which becomes half a feckin day tomorrow,being reliable with the ability to listen,pride in your job,and being honest,of course having all your cards helps as long as all of the above is applicable;)

I think the last of that breed disappeared when I hung my old aprils up BF

Bolton your doing the right thing paying for your courses yourself that way you dont owe anyone anything, i done that! you might think that the firm your working for is decent but wait till you get on a proper job, powerstation or on a rig youll be thinking to yourself what the **** was i working there for, il never workon the streets again. you pull your **** out for next to nowt where as you could be on a shutdown on a sun gettn 30 shhets an hr for basically turning up! Your still young get your part 2 get your safety passport and start making the big bucks!

Good luck

I think the last of that breed disappeared when I hung my old aprils up BF

Modern Scaffolding is NOTHING like that anymore.

The ability to work hard, be reiable, do your job well and be honest and truthful means little compared with the abilty to suck-up to those incharge...
Bosses WANT yes-men nowadays, not decent blokes who have a mind of their own.
Trust me - i KNOW! :(

More you suck-arse, grass and snide = better your looked after, more tickets your put though and more you get on for overtime.
Ofcourse, shagging the Bosses Daughter helps too - those c.unts ALWAYS get on.
Id say thats 90%+ of Firms too.

Shame really. But its how things are in this trade.

Just my opinion ofcourse.

Hopefully Jason I must be in the 10% as ability and only ability counts when you are as small as I am.

feking h8 brown nose's grass's nothign worse to work with than them so just make their lives hell while there with you or better still make us a loda sh1te and see how long it take to get round the firm and back to you and or the gaffer and when it found to be a loda bollaxe makes him look a cant i love that 1

It dont matter how many cards you have if you cant walk the walk
i now so called advanced scaffolders who couldnt tie their shoe lace together
and lads with part 1 tickets with 15 years street work experience under their belts that know how to get a job done and what they dont know aint worth knowing.

My way of thinking is pay the man what he is worth not what some silly card says he is worth

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

feking h8 brown nose's grass's nothign worse to work with than them so just make their lives hell while there with you or better still make us a loda sh1te and see how long it take to get round the firm and back to you and or the gaffer and when it found to be a loda bollaxe makes him look a cant i love that 1

Misinformation marra :laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom