Parking in Islington

HatterScaff

Reaction score
I know we have to pay for the congestion charge
But do we also need to pay for a permit to park while we are working off the back of a lorry in islington?

What do you London lads know about obtaining these?

if it's on a red route or single or double yellow line, you can apply to the council for dispensation to park while you unload. where abouts in islington is it?

have a chat with the transport dept at islington council, see what they say. if it's a small to meduim job it might pay you start about 6 am, bang 10 sq up then load it up with gear and send the lorry away. if you can't do that, you'll just have to take the ticket and leave the lorry where it is, only moving when the clamping man turns up.

good for a ticket , chimps on mopeds

I know we have to pay for the congestion charge
But do we also need to pay for a permit to park while we are working off the back of a lorry in islington?

What do you London lads know about obtaining these?
If you have a pavement licence to erect the scaffold you can park outside the job and shouldn't get a ticket, if you do, appeal and it will be revoked. Used to do this once a week when supervising for BFT.

We had a few jobs in the Elephant & Castle area last year, cost us £40 for parking dispensation on the red route. That was for a loading bay right next to the job but there was a 20min limit on parking.

i know how to get around paying the c charge on your car.
register your car as a minicab(£27 A YEAR)
you can come and go as you like as minicabs are exempt from paying the c charge

Top Bottom