Parking Dispensation

Mitchells Scaffolding

Reaction score
Can You believe this

on Monday at a Liverpool site we found that the space for scaff wagon was being occupied by a cabin and other site equip so i contacted council to organise parking permit for either single yellow line or parking bays
had to download the form all sorted and sent back
Tuesday traffic warden approaches the driver said until it come through cos it takes 5 days move the wagon to a parking bay and pay no prob
bla blah blah

we got a ticket yesterday cos we were back on the yellow line costing £25 chased the dispensation they wanted £44 a day for occupying the 2 parking bays needed to accomodate a wagon although i have managed to get this down to £30 a day for 2 weeks with a admin fee on top
it beats me as to why we should try to play by the rules :mad:

and no we just get away with it saying we are loading/unloading ive tried
:cry:

Must be a nightmare in the cities for parking, we just get the warden every second Thursday if it's a good day.

fortunately City centre jobs arnt often but this is at least a 2 week erect job i am so used to reactive councils cos they are smaller but i have to admit the staff i talked too were polite and had the decency to listen to me and that is something i dont often find

I think that should be a minimum requirement when dealing with public servants, maybe just a small town boy's opinion.

Do the maths m8....cheeper to get the tickets then faf around with the dispensation its what i did on a recent job in Windsor

Just over 8 weeks solid -we got so many tickets that we just left one on the screen so sometimes they never even bothered towards the end. Only once did we get threatend wiv towin & a 7tn car lift lorry pulled up took 1 look @ the 18tonner with kit hanging off it as we were working off its back ^ just fcuked off shaking his head lol

Just over 8 weeks solid -we got so many tickets that we just left one on the screen so sometimes they never even bothered towards the end. Only once did we get threatend wiv towin & a 7tn car lift lorry pulled up took 1 look @ the 18tonner with kit hanging off it as we were working off its back ^ just fcuked off shaking his head lol

Cheers for that if the job has an over-run which we recon it will have i didnt want to extend the dam thing
its a licence to print money the boss wasnt the happiest guy when we got the ticket but when the cost came through it was as if i'd injured him

bad news when you have to pay to work

Like SP says its cheaper and a lot less hassle to just pay the ticket and park where ever you like , just got to remember to put them on the price if its a biggish job.

We put up a herras fence round the lorry
The bas tard climbed over it and still ticketed us
Luv Camden

Pml lolol reminds me of the time a few years ago.i was @ ladbroke grove in london,i was up on the job about 8 lifts & looked down to see a warden paying too much attention to our lorry. So i shouted down to a bear of a guy by the lorry "dont let him put the ticket on the lorry" so he stood between him & the lorry while i came down....when i got down there the warden was gone & my guy was looking sheepish - "wots up" i said...." i only gave him a little shove " came the reply i looked behind me to where there was a small wall with him pointing @ it....it seems in his earnest to take me at my word the warden got too close & he pushed him back .....now my chap was 6'4" & about 19st....the warden who was a 5' 5" stick insect flew backwards over what appeared to be a 2' high wall, but on the opposite side dropped down about 8-10' where he was still lying sparko....so i went down to see if he was alright & told my guy to get in the lorry & fcuk off....when the warden came too it was obvious he didnt have any recollection of the incident & i told him that he'd tripped lost his balance & fell over this unguarded section of wall...he wouldnt stop thankng me for giving him help lolol....but imagine my horror when i got back to the yard & my guy passed me his electronic gadget that dishes out the tickets...it appears he dropped it prior to going over & he didnt know what else to do with it....had all our vechile details on it ....no ticket lol happy days

Took me 20mins to write it- as i was chuckling away to myself lol....

I think you'll find that by simply flicking on the hazard warning lights, scaffolders and their wagons have special dispensation to park anywhere. :noworry:

went to put job up at a job in Sale monday, old peoples home the road outside had a bus lane, I pulled up stuck hazards on so that I can let traffic pass then back wagon into the one lane entry of the home, fooking hell got a fine through door off manchester council this morning saying I used bus lane £60 please.

I think you'll find that by simply flicking on the hazard warning lights, scaffolders and their wagons have special dispensation to park anywhere. :noworry:
stonedrose1 scaffolders and glazers should be aloud to park any were but these traffic wardens don't know the rules .have a look at parking rules for scaffolders just google it .iwas working in upminster when I arguing with a traffic warden then a milkman came along the he said to me fu ck her she tried to give me a ticket this is no wind up .

Kensignton and Chelsea council and Westminister council will all let Scaffolders park on single yellow lines or pay and display bays as long as you are working of the lorry and someone is around it all the time , they also give the same dispensation to Hot asphalt and Glazers

Kensignton and Chelsea council and Westminister council will all let Scaffolders park on single yellow lines or pay and display bays as long as you are working of the lorry and someone is around it all the time , they also give the same dispensation to Hot asphalt and Glazers
Dead right

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

There was a program on the box last year about parking in London there was a scaffold and roofing firm called e and d they had 90grand of outstanding parking tickets he said by the time he dealt with them he would pa y a fraction of them

Well, there you go. . . Learn something new everyday. My tongue was firmly in my cheek when I wrote that.

Pml lolol reminds me of the time a few years ago.i was @ ladbroke grove in london,i was up on the job about 8 lifts & looked down to see a warden paying too much attention to our lorry. So i shouted down to a bear of a guy by the lorry "dont let him put the ticket on the lorry" so he stood between him & the lorry while i came down....when i got down there the warden was gone & my guy was looking sheepish - "wots up" i said...." i only gave him a little shove " came the reply i looked behind me to where there was a small wall with him pointing @ it....it seems in his earnest to take me at my word the warden got too close & he pushed him back .....now my chap was 6'4" & about 19st....the warden who was a 5' 5" stick insect flew backwards over what appeared to be a 2' high wall, but on the opposite side dropped down about 8-10' where he was still lying sparko....so i went down to see if he was alright & told my guy to get in the lorry & fcuk off....when the warden came too it was obvious he didnt have any recollection of the incident & i told him that he'd tripped lost his balance & fell over this unguarded section of wall...he wouldnt stop thankng me for giving him help lolol....but imagine my horror when i got back to the yard & my guy passed me his electronic gadget that dishes out the tickets...it appears he dropped it prior to going over & he didnt know what else to do with it....had all our vechile details on it ....no ticket lol happy days
That's the boll ox

Top Bottom