P***ed off

you have to speculate to accumulate as said before you owe the cannt nothing loyalTY is oot the window.
Best of luck but at least you are going the right way

i was self employed a long time in the UK, and you don't get a whisker back on what you pay out,, don't know were all this comes from " oh, I;ll claim this back on my tax " is bollox, and I had a chartered accountant... you get concessions but not all what people make out.. self employed is ok if you can save your money to pay your tax, you will get caught eventually with not paying all your taxes.... accountants do your returns, but you sign to say they are correct..ie. they take no responsibility for them.... get an accountant through recommendation, I've got a great one now, but had some right fukin arsewipes in the past.

When I done my tickets I was self employed, I have a family and mortgage but I still paid for all my courses myself, you save what you can each week and then pay for it, you don't bitch and moan because you want to ponce of a company to pay your tickets, I wanted to drive so I had to pay lessons and do a test didn't moan and say, I want someone else to pay for it. Grow up lad!

Cassie the job for an accountant is to make your end figure as small as possible for your return and heres an example
35000 before tax
8100 you can earn bfore income taxable
5400 for car runnings based on 12000miles
500 for tools and boots and clothes
600 for phone and internet
1500 for food at work
1200 for the office you have
2000 for Training
=19300

15700 taxable income

As long as they don't make it too small , and you end up getting investigated.. then your in the ****.. its all good as long as you can save money to pay the taxman every week, no holiday pay, sick pay aswell....

When I done my tickets I was self employed, I have a family and mortgage but I still paid for all my courses myself, you save what you can each week and then pay for it, you don't bitch and moan because you want to ponce of a company to pay your tickets, I wanted to drive so I had to pay lessons and do a test didn't moan and say, I want someone else to pay for it. Grow up lad!

I'd agree with that.

So why keep moving the goal posts and will they refund the ASRE card holders?

thanks lads found this post extremely helpful, i have just paid for part 1 taining myself and hoping to claim at least some of it back, company was puttin me down, til the boss decided not to, so f-=k it i thought theres only one way im getting it, so mostly borrowed the money and now im on the course! happy days, theres an undeniable sense of satisfaction doing it yourself as well. im in debt for a bit, but im half way there!!!

The asre lads will have no problems,it was offered up for the old citb and ecitb card holders to get up to date for the big change over to cisrs,they still had to attend a training centre and do the advance course along with the portfolio,so where's the problem??

Assessed as competent not trained to competence is what they're saying BF.

Where I'm working I even have to pay for my train to get to work and food and drink through out the day, why should I pay for this!!!

In all honesty I paid for my part 1, 2 and advanced, so stop your moaning and get in with it, scaffolders make me laugh, you want a nice car you have to pay, you want more money and more job opportunitys then fu.cking pay fr your own course and stop bitching on here.

Exactly, if you work in a bank or burger bar you dont get tax relief on travel.
Essex is right get on with it or else earn enough to give it up!!!

The training is the advance course,the same advance course as everybody does,along with the portfolio,so whats the problem and where do these reports come from?

HSE and Nasc don't like the term competent anymore they want to see trained and ticketed accordingly. So the ASRE had nothing to do with training, when you have training schools pulling the strings with the powers to be. Just watch this space, that's all I'm saying. I have now had to go down the route of being "trained and ticketed" luckily at no expense to myself and now have to still wait 12 months to do advance. Also the word on the street is a lot of the Health and safety bods of some of the bigger company's want to get brought in a proof test, like welders do, before a firm will employ you, so you will have to build a scaffold on your own, and if they don't like what they see, no job, how many scaffolders out there are hiding in a gang, same guy always baseing out and someone else just boarding out and putting handrails on, no more you mates covering for you. :sad2:

At the moment,"competent" is the requirement in law and hse mannuals. "Qualified" is what the nasc want,to fill their courses.and refreshers. nasc =self serving tossa's

The training is the advance course,the same advance course as everybody does,along with the portfolio,so whats the problem and where do these reports come from?

When i done ASRE Advanced i learn't how to put up a flying shore i bet there are not many who put one up in there course nowadays.

cheers for the heads up t animal looks like i will have to get that forklift licence after all.
PS is the a forklift drivers forum :cry:

Top Bottom