P***ed off

Mukkaa1

Reaction score
You know your boss is a ****** when you have to pay out off your own pocket for your ticket and doesnt even pay you for the 2 weeks your having off :(

i had to pay for my tickets 2 m8. worth tryting to get a job with a big firm like trad who will pay like my m8 did.

You know your boss is a ****** when you have to pay out off your own pocket for your ticket and doesnt even pay you for the 2 weeks your having off :(

mukkaa1 know where your comeing from mate been in the game 26 yrs and most firms would never paye for the lads to be put through because they dont want there lads fooking off when theve got there tickets think this is the biggest problem but think most employees never thought tickets would rule!!! even thou some have tickets and cant scaffold i tell you the tightest employee there the ones that dont give you fresh gloves and say you had some last week

Yer you got the firm i work for right down to the tee dico..
Time you take in to account my 2 weeks loss of earnings and the price of the course fuel etc its ridiculous and for such a big firm he could easily claim it back on his tax rebate in april :L

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

And theres those people getting theres payed for them through the dole who has never touched a spanner and prob never will again :L it just aint fair !

Not just his tax Mukkaa1 but he gets an attendance for you , which can be as much as half the cost of the course , most firms will make you sign something saying you wont leave the firm within a set period after getting your ticket or if you do you have to pay for the course in full.

this ticket bussiness really needs to be put into focus!!! its either tickets or exsperience you only get exsperience with practice the same as a driveing test the current trainning systems wrong!!! it seems these days get the tickets!!! then get the exsperience wrong or what!!!!!!

Done my own tickets used all my holiday then for my part 2 I had to work Saturday's to make up holiday for that

Wait till the Nasc start moving from experience and competent, it starts from now on, that you have been trained and ticketed. So kerching to the schools, cause all you lads done the assessed route, You are fu.cucked.

Wait till the Nasc start moving from experience and competent, it starts from now on, that you have been trained and ticketed. So kerching to the schools, cause all you lads done the assessed route, You are fu.cucked.

respect to all the lads that supported the ecitb scaffolder and raise a glass exspecially to ragscaff and the sccr!!! but all you wan!kers that mushed us dont come crying coz it wont be heard hope you enjoy trainning again :cool:

respect to all the lads that supported the ecitb scaffolder and raise a glass exspecially to ragscaff and the sccr!!! but all you wan!kers that mushed us dont come crying coz it wont be heard hope you enjoy trainning again :cool:

+1

I've worked on a few firms that put lads through their courses and got them through their assessments and NVQ's.
Most of them go where the grass is greener at the 1st opportunity and the ones that stay think they are worth more than they were 2 weeks ago.:laugh:

I paid my part 1 and 2, got adv, ins, supv paid by firm.. would have paid myself tho.. stop moaning..lol... pay urself and u owe the co nowt mate...

Where I'm working I even have to pay for my train to get to work and food and drink through out the day, why should I pay for this!!!

In all honesty I paid for my part 1, 2 and advanced, so stop your moaning and get in with it, scaffolders make me laugh, you want a nice car you have to pay, you want more money and more job opportunitys then fu.cking pay fr your own course and stop bitching on here.

WOW this is a moment a load of scaffolders finally realising that they have to be trained and ticketed.You know whats next you will be SG4 complient and putting scaffold up to TG20.
It makes me laugh how you can say ASRE you are all fucced, what do you think was the main objective of the HSE and NASC because i will place a bet it was a way of making people become more responsible.
well done NASC.

---------- Post added at 08:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

Some have families to care for and cant afford to pay the thousand and odd pounds for the courses.

Is there any other way to subsidise this, eg grants/government loans ect?

Take out a loan become self employed and claim back the money yourself.

John you can still go self employed and have a job on paye

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

As for money and families I admit money is ***** at the moment but people have to prioritize such as training = tickets = employability= money on the table. short term lose for long term gains

Yes, you can be employed (PAYE) and do self employed (CIS) work.

Don't forget, whether you're CIS or PAYE, if you incur expenses doing your work (travel to lots of different sites, tools, workwear, courses) you can make a claim against your tax.

Just make sure you keep all your receipts - HMRC are getting tougher all the time :mad:

Top Bottom