Over worked and under paid

A piece of advice given to me by an ex-director of SGB when I first started in the office was 'always keep your fare home in your pocket' Good luck, £65k in London is about there for a good CM. Remember that a company car will be taxed at around £120-£240 pcm with fuel.

anybody on £1,000 or £1,500 a week take home clear in there pockets are either on a load of overtime or a outage and lodge if not your on a bloody good knock. ive seen the industrial sector drop in the last 3 years by up to 250 a week if your on that sort of money for a 38hr week good luck to you. if you work out the hours you put in on a outage or shut down the money dont seem good anymore.

Depends if its a national company ( 30 - 40 k per year ) or a decent privatley owned company ( 40 - 70 k per year ) and the location. London will always be more, but more hassle. Having a company car is a double edged sword, costs loads in company car tax.

The bonus these days is keeping your job for longer than a year. Most employers want you to bring in your old clients, when they have their hooks into them off you go !

Whatever you do don't sign any kind of restrictive contract, I did , it was a ballache and its only ever geared up to the advantage of the person making you sign it.

Not true, not true at all.
I'm on £300 per night on the railways.
My hours are 8pm till 6am, 7 days a week.
I've done 87 days right through without a day off.
My actual hours of work are in possession which are 0130 to 0430.
Because I live so close to the job, I come in at 8 sign the briefing sheet and go back home till 1am. I leave straight after possession finishes and I'm in bed by 5am.

Not true, not true at all.
I'm on £300 per night on the railways.
My hours are 8pm till 6am, 7 days a week.
I've done 87 days right through without a day off.
My actual hours of work are in possession which are 0130 to 0430.
Because I live so close to the job, I come in at 8 sign the briefing sheet and go back home till 1am. I leave straight after possession finishes and I'm in bed by 5am.
No wonder the fares are so expensive these days !

That is exactly why mate, we all say the same at work, no wonder it costs a fortune to upgrade the railways, when they pay wages like this.

You could always give some back ? I did a stint of it years ago and it really was chaotic, engineering trains coming through when we had posession,people not turning up to supervise, too many people turning up to do the work. Good money though !

Top Bottom