Other Scaffolders kit

Mitchells Scaffolding

Reaction score
Had an irate call from a company yesterday thinking our guys were stripping his scaffold on an internal job NOT US by the way
he rang cos someone on site had read our name on the back of the scaffs hi vis
The wagon the gear was being loaded onto was clearly another company told us the name so our boss rang the culprits
Strong words were exchanged cos scaffolding is a small community

It P1sses me off that the cheeky gets were wearing (Thrown out old full of holes and manky though it was)

how do you try to stop this cant ask the guys to leave their work stuff each day so please gimme an idea :unsure:

If its because they were wearing Mitchell Scaffolding Hi-Vis, you could try this:

How about getting someone to design a Hi-Vis with either a see through square in the back or a thin mesh material so you can see their t-shirts and supply each Scaffolder with company logo'd t-shirts?

This way it dont matter who is wearing the Hi-Vis and your company will still be advertised via the name on the back of the t-shirt.

Theres more chance a Scaff will throw an old Hi-vis away, after its knackered, but a t-shirt would be worn to and from the job - with it being more then likely thrown away at home.

Crap idea i know, lol. :embarrest:
Just an idea... (im still hung over from last night)

If its because they were wearing Mitchell Scaffolding Hi-Vis, you could try this:

How about getting someone to design a Hi-Vis with either a see through square in the back or a thin mesh material so you can see their t-shirts and supply each Scaffolder with company logo'd t-shirts?

This way it dont matter who is wearing the Hi-Vis and your company will still be advertised via the name on the back of the t-shirt.

Theres more chance a Scaff will throw an old Hi-vis away, after its knackered, but a t-shirt would be worn to and from the job - with it being more then likely thrown away at home.

Crap idea i know, lol. :embarrest:
Just an idea... (im still hung over from last night)

cheers for that dont think it will be hapening though
i recon i should send in the lads un marked of course make em put the gear back and throttle the pillocks set fire to the vests while they are in em, make em pay for our time then chain em to the rafters and give the kids from the area red paint ball guns and use em for target practice:idea:

Don't really have any suggestions Mitchels, I do understand where you are coming from though. We had an incident where we were reported to hse for barging into a member of the public on a job which we were not on for at least a month. As you say, high vis vests are left lying around all the time but I think you might just have to deal with it I'm afraid. If you do get a brain wave give me shout eh.

If you don't put your name to everything people tend to think you are a fly by night. You know the score Paddy, you go on to these sites and everybody seems to be working for someone else with the different hats vests and jackets.

Ok then mate........What are you going to do with your Bettertax Hi-Vis, wear it at a disco ?

P.S. We just beat the Mackems 1-0 :love::love::love:

Had an irate call from a company yesterday thinking our guys were stripping his scaffold on an internal job NOT US by the way
he rang cos someone on site had read our name on the back of the scaffs hi vis
The wagon the gear was being loaded onto was clearly another company told us the name so our boss rang the culprits
Strong words were exchanged cos scaffolding is a small community

It P1sses me off that the cheeky gets were wearing (Thrown out old full of holes and manky though it was)

how do you try to stop this cant ask the guys to leave their work stuff each day so please gimme an idea :unsure:

Was that other company nicking the scaffold then????
They must have signed in with a job ref????:amazed::confused:

what about Hi-Vis T-shirts with your name on the back? One of the firms round here have them.

Ok then mate........What are you going to do with your Bettertax Hi-Vis, wear it at a disco ?

P.S. We just beat the Mackems 1-0
Got to be honest Paddy, it's just the Jock bit coming out every now and again. If there is a bit of scran to be had I like to be there or there abouts. I hired a truck for a few weeks and even nicked the vest out of that because it had Scania on the back, it's still in the office, never see the light of day, it's just the way it is.:embarrest:

Good result today, hope you enjoyed it, we are getting our backsides felt all over Europe at the moment.:(

To save on money, just tell all the 'Scaffs' that there is a competition with the prize being a crate of Stella Artois to the scaff with the biggest Tattoo on their forehead, of the name of the company they work for.:D

But how many jobs have came off people seeing your name on a Hi Viz or other things

As I told the girl from the local paper, our best adverts are the job's that are standing. Small local area does make it a simpler process.

To save on money, just tell all the 'Scaffs' that there is a competition with the prize being a crate of Stella Artois to the scaff with the biggest Tattoo on their forehead, of the name of the company they work for.:D

Wish thought of that before I send the boy's home this morning with the remains of the fair carry oot.:idea:

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

what about Hi-Vis T-shirts with your name on the back? One of the firms round here have them.

And a fire retardant thong.:noworry:

the t shirts are best you can get polo shirts, t shirts and also a t shirt thats very lightwieght for hot days , we top of the league for an hour happy dayz :bigsmile:

Jakdan has quite a few of these for sale.
pinkhi-vis.png

I put in a request for the Bettertax ones to be pink but was out-voted!! Hmmm, like the tat idea... we should look into that for next year's fantasy football prize - free tattoo!! :D

Top Bottom