operators license and which 7.5ton truck

It is a little ****** that if you passed your test pre 96-97 you can drive 7.5 tonners.

Eh
No scaff1989
If you passed your test before 1997 you can drive a 7.5 ton wagon. It's on back of my liscence mate. But looking like got to do cpc by 2014 to continue after 2014 although toplift says some exemptions. 1 being carriage if materials for drivers work as long as driving wagon in not principle job.

To be honest I'm not liking the sound of this but know I'm defo alright till 2014
Hopefully above noted exemption will stand after that but doubt it. Anything to screw a bit more money out of people eh ?!! lol

I found somewhere that said we are exempt if materials fordrivers work and driving not principle job as long as you dont do multiple trips. Where does that leave us?

that cpc night be what all the dirvers have got at our spot all on blue licences thow and sure they said they can only use it (bluelicence at work) might be rong thow

Big john you need the restricted ol that bypasses the need for transport manager with cpc
You still need maintenance contract, advert, land owners signed permission, and bank statements showing 3750 for one truck, for three months, you dont need cpc currently as wagon is classed as toolbox, you have to use tachos if you operate over 30 miles of your base, ps I prefer atego and I applyed for intrim liceanse and they never give it me had wait for a decision, was using 3.5 transit and struggling glad to say its done now phew:embarrest:

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Also had go on a operators seminar by vosa a begining of jan this is what they told me
Drivers dont need to do cpc if the dont drive over 4.5 hrs a day and its not classed as main job, hope this helps they also told me they class trades aswell and pull more scaffolders and skip wagon drivers as they are worse offenders when comes to maintenance,

thanks dandaps,you have put my mind at rest.

starting up on your own is a nightmare,
theres always something lurkin somewhere to panic you up or cost you more money,
you would think they would make it easy to start a buisness
cheers
john

To be honest I can sleep soundly knowing its done now, they certainly make it hard nowadays,
They will just keep sending your paperwork back if its not right, I am thankfull to my garage for helping, they gave me inspection sheets to send with my application they told me dont apply for anything more than 6 week inspections untill you build up a good rep with vosa,

Top Bottom