operators license and which 7.5ton truck

big john

Reaction score
hello
ive just been looking into the OP and it says it will take 9 weeks to go through and i need money in the bank for repairs etc,
i cant get a lorry or the OP until i know my buisness plan has been excepted and i get the money,
if i get the money then i can get a lorry and apply for an OP with money in the bank for repairs etc,
then wait 9 WEEKS FOR AN OP AND WASTE MY 3 MONTHS DEFER PAYMENTS ON MY LOAN?
That cant be right,can it?

After that outburst,
DAF 45 LF150 7.5 TON or IVECO EUROCARGO?

Cheers
john

All I did at the start was show them a copy of a bank statement with some cash in it then emptied it, no drama.

I would stay away from the Iveco and go for the DAF but MAN are hard to beat, plenty with other opinions though.

lolol aom -complete oposite highly recomend iveco

talk to your local traffic commisioners office , explain the circumstances, fill in the required paperwork,which includes,letters of exceptaince from the land owner of your operating base,another from a commercial garage/mechanic to show you have entered into a contract for your vechile inspection & maintainance, and finally a letter of intent from your bank manager reguarding your funding.....he should then issue you with an interim license almost immediatly- should go something like that anyway, once you put your advert in the local rag and after noone has objected you should get it ,fairly painless to be honest -hope this helps

haha, as I said plenty with other opinions. For me the Iveco was soft and expensive for parts but that might be due to availability, don't really know but can't see past the MAN's but can't seem to get a lot to agree on here. I suppose that's why you get so many different types.

Quick question
I passed my driving test in 1993
Been told Its ok driving the 7.5 ton wagon
I have done so many times in the past but now I'm older I'm a bit concerned if I get pulled (my liscence is clean) and it's not ok
It's the new style card liscence and it's not right clear on it

Any lads confirm that I'm legal to keep driving it ?

Sorry, can't confirm but I thought it was 97 before it changed but as always I could be very wrong. It will be on the license, I have the new one as well and all the class's you can drive are at the bottom.

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

I think you are looking for C1.

FBHVC » Driving Entitlement

jan 97 it changed guys defo got pulled years ago my old boss said i was over 21 and was ok but he was wrong was lucky to get away with it so did my hgv to be sure but i pasted in nov 97 and did not have the 7.5 grandad rights

No bother Zotsey, see it changed in 98, close but no cigar for Aom.

if its got code 107 on the back its ok to drive until sept 2014 then you will need cpc to continue 35 hours training then 7 hours per year after that

jan 97 it changed guys defo got pulled years ago my old boss said i was over 21 and was ok but he was wrong was lucky to get away with it so did my hgv to be sure but i pasted in nov 97 and did not have the 7.5 grandad rights

Oh, it said on the link it changed in 98.

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

if its got code 107 on the back its ok to drive until sept 2014 then you will need cpc to continue 35 hours training then 7 hours per year after that

That's a whole new can of worms the scaffs have yet to embrace.

It's got 107 by C1E
But nothing beside C1

Cheers lads

Checked out on dvla site C1E has code 107 which covers up to 8.5 ton up to 2014 then need training etc as lad above said
But cat C1 has no code and entitlement remains for duration of liscence ! Phew

Last edited:
dont worry about the o licence mate,get a cheep flight out to poland and buy a lorry there, fill it up with farepaying passengers then drive back home, leave it with polish plates on and dont bother with the licence or insurance or mot, you'll never be stopped by the old bill but if you do put a heavy eastern european accent and just keep repeating ..".no speaking english"
cheep way to start ,& cos of the reg plate you'll av loads polish of geezers asking for a job

jendobre,ja cuabarsta, spearadala

I run cargo's and daf's up to 18 ton,and the daf's are generally bulletproof and the cheaper to repair and run,imo:cool:

you will have to do a cpc to drive anything over 3.5t you will need 35 hours training by 2014 try link About Us there are a couple of loopholes and exemptions
Vehicles used for non-commercial carriage of passenger or goods – for personal use
Vehicles used for carrying material or equipment to be used by the driver in the course of his or her work, providing that driving the vehicle is not the drivers’ principle activity

Can of worms.com

Vehicles used for carrying material or equipment to be used by the driver in the course of his or her work, providing that driving the vehicle is not the drivers’ principle activity

Good enough for me
Cheers

you will have to do a cpc to drive anything over 3.5t you will need 35 hours training by 2014 try link About Us there are a couple of loopholes and exemptions
Vehicles used for non-commercial carriage of passenger or goods – for personal use

Can of worms.com

ill only have one lorry and will only be using it to care gear from yard to the job,so am i exempt?
on the OP application it says this:

Section 8 - Standard Licence applicants – professional competence
(Please read Guidance Note 8 and complete form TM1)
You must have a qualified Transport Manager (TM) to hold a Standard National or Standard International licence. The TM must hold a Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) in Road Haulage Operations, equivalent qualification or exemption (see Guidance Note 8).
For each TM, form TM1 (at Annex E) must be completed and sent in with this application, there are guidance notes to help you complete this at Annex F. You must also provide their original Certificates of Professional Competence (CPC) or evidence of qualification(s) giving exemption.
8a) Please tick to confirm that you have completed form TM1 for all transport managers and provided their original CPC or proof of other acceptable qualification.

i dont have or want a transport manager,i will have one lorry to run,
i dont get it,HELP
Cheers
John

had a eurocargo worst wagon ever had dont know about the daf but would suggest either a man or a mercedes had both of these and not many problems

Go for a Restricted license:

All license applications are the same except Restricted does not require the addition of a Transport Manager at present. All other systems and declarations must be adhered to. Be sure that you or the chosen person who takes responsibility on the operator’s behalf is fully versed in operator licensing systems and Legislation. Future VOSA, Police road side checks or annual test could open up a whole can of worms in your past compliance. Your Business is “Restricted”, only by the knowledge of the person who takes responsibility for the safe operation of your vehicles.

:bigsmile:

Quick question
I passed my driving test in 1993
Been told Its ok driving the 7.5 ton wagon
I have done so many times in the past but now I'm older I'm a bit concerned if I get pulled (my liscence is clean) and it's not ok
It's the new style card liscence and it's not right clear on it

Any lads confirm that I'm legal to keep driving it ?

ok well u were allowed to dirve them pre 1997 with you licence but now our company has just had to pay for every on with the grandfather right to take a test on them again(they havent just paid the cash and got passed) and its a blue driving licence and its for the driving of wagins with employee in i think and if you get caught with out they can take your licence so you have to crayy it with you we were told dont knwo when its getting rolled out as the law but peopl starting to take it on board dvla best people to speak to

Top Bottom