one million safe man hours

wgogs

Reaction score
One million safe manhours achieved by my scaffs on a project in Saudi,

Attachments

• hyundai letter.jpg
    hyundai letter.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 54
Well done,standards must be high,thats a long time with no incidents,keep it up guys:D

Well done , not to p1ss on anyone strawberries could also show a lack of incident reporting ;)

Well done , not to p1ss on anyone strawberries could also show a lack of incident reporting ;)

Not sure about wgogs job Ian but here everything is reported even a blister caused by new boots or the smallest splinter gone through a glove. Even had a yard worker strain his back doing his shoelaces up and that was reported (i kid you not):eek:

tricky thing shoe laces tie them to fast could take your eye out .) .)

all the scaffolders here in the Gulf are mainly from Nepal,Pakistan,India and Bangladesh.at least they have British management ah.

The reason why the Management are British and the Labour is Foreign?

Money... and ofcourse the expertise/Safety Standards that we would bring to a lesser advanced Country, in regards to working to the highest Safety Standards.

I was asked a few years ago to go to Dubai and Supervise over there, after asking if i could go as a Scaffolder and bring a few good blokes with me, i was categorically told: "No, we use cheap local workers as Labour here".

Shame though... id sure like a crack at putting some jobs up the top of the Burj Khalifa. A nice Cantilever @ about 2000ft up? - now THAT would make your balls tingle wouldn't it? :eek: LOL.

Not sure the Australians would agree to being called "a lesser advanced country" Jason. What company asked you to go to Dubai and supervise? And if they told you they use cheap local labour then thats wrong. They use cheap imported labour mainly from the sub-continent. Rather like the Germans and Dutch did with us Brits in the 80s and 9os except we werent particularly cheap!
Most of the major contractors working in the Gulf are western companies who use western management therefore they like their sub-contractors to have western management. Obviously an Indian company would use Indian management.

The Labour was mainly from India and thats more local then Labour from Europe, isnt it?
Thats what i was told... but it might not be exactly word for word, as it was over 5 years ago...

Money... and ofcourse the expertise/Safety Standards that we would bring to a lesser advanced Country, in regards to working to the highest Safety Standards.

As you clearly misread my post, as usual... i recoloured the section that you failed to read.

Britain is pretty much considered the leading country in the world when it comes to Construction Health and Safety.
THATS WHAT I MEAN.

Might wanna pop down to spec-savers mate...

Not to put you down but how many LTI's covered up t shirt, post card springs to mind

Top Bottom