One for the bosses

I wouldn't, I would just go get a job that pays the same and leave the gaffer to take the strain.:idea:

I had a feeling Id under priced my weekly wage there!! (enough to strengthen my point anyway) :D

Sorry Clark but no business can afford to live hand to mouth and requires profit to play with, simple economics.

Sorry Clark but no business can afford to live hand to mouth and requires profit to play with, simple economics.

Aye but Ive seen it done, though it's time to leave when you get told there aint a penny in the account, and the fuel cards don't work any more because they haven't been paid so you have to fill up your own van with fuel to travel to London yourself....

I have seen it done as well Flinty but very few can pull it off successfully long term. We had a firm recently who was coming up on risk disc as a red light but we were already in too deep. The wee foreman assured me he had worked for years with them and that was just the way they run the show but it made me nervous enough to call in the debt recovery team very quickly who got us our money but don't think we will be pricing for this mob again any time soon. I usually see things like that as an early warning of trouble ahead.

30% Overheads 30% wages 30% Profit

10% to all the damage employees create

I have seen it done as well Flinty but very few can pull it off successfully long term. We had a firm recently who was coming up on risk disc as a red light but we were already in too deep. The wee foreman assured me he had worked for years with them and that was just the way they run the show but it made me nervous enough to call in the debt recovery team very quickly who got us our money but don't think we will be pricing for this mob again any time soon. I usually see things like that as an early warning of trouble ahead.

Trouble is not many have a clean bill of health at the moment aom:unsure:

Very true BF and if I am honest I am not clever enough to read all the indicators but have come to the conclusion I would rather sit in the yard and do nothing as run about putting fires out for people who are unable or unwilling to pay. Luckily there are still enough good guys out there for a wee firm like mine to stay busy but wouldn't like to be in a position where I had to get everything.

Very true BF and if I am honest I am not clever enough to read all the indicators but have come to the conclusion I would rather sit in the yard and do nothing as run about putting fires out for people who are unable or unwilling to pay. Luckily there are still enough good guys out there for a wee firm like mine to stay busy but wouldn't like to be in a position where I had to get everything.

putting fires out for people if ya aint get paid you wanna start lighting them lol :idea:

Don't worry marra, always carry a box of swan vestas.;)

Top Bottom