One brace is supporting all three bays.....

yeah fuking night mare would probbly have to put the next two bay form the lift above brace in standard on end of brace ledger in standards and push up and lower ledger to man below so ither way would woule ither need a man below or a man above

Form the square inboard then one man on the brace and one man on the ledgers.:idea:

I have not done much with layer marra but do remember doing jobs like that easy enough but braced inside and out.

little trick never done it 3 bays out thow but have for just the 1 1 man on lift below knock ledger in to standard and brace in to the standard man on lift above has also knocked the top of the brace in man on the lower lift pushes out ledger, bace swings out and take the weight then the an on the lower lift knocks in ledger but be fek trying to do that afert the first 1 as theres no lower lift, mab be able to if from 1 lift but never tried

That’s very easy done; he would have started off with a 1m standard.
Then he would have put a bracing on the bottom rosette, then he would have put a normal ledger in on the top of the 1m standard,(all prefabbed) then one person pushes the ledger out with the standard while another person hole the brace and knocks it in on the boarded lift .you now have a solid point, now you pop your lift ledger in from the boarded lift(bow ledger)or a strong back ledger, these are like a beam itself, you repeat the same method now on the inside and afterwards walk out and put your 1m ledgers in, board out and move on to the next bay.

He should have doubled up his bracing and put 1 on the inside also.

Iv Done That With Kwikstage (Braced To Fekk ) But Done Never The Less.

Better yet the single Rosette.

Lot harder that way as you have to put the strong back ledger in first and it heavier, plus you be lying down to push it out, the way I suggested is the easiest way as you’re doing it all at your own comfort

As I said, never done a lot with this type but any time we did it was with the single and just pushed it out and can't remember struggling too much, horses for courses I suppose.

Thats The Way We Did It Johnny, The Way You Described,A Few Arses Fainted That Day Ill Tell You (Advanced Scaffolders Iv **** Them Lol)

As I said, never done a lot with this type but any time we did it was with the single and just pushed it out and can't remember struggling too much, horses for courses I suppose.

yes indeed..

No walking out to put the tranny in though and all our erse's were intact.;)

Then he would have put a bracing on the bottom rosette, then he would have put a normal ledger in on the top of the 1m standard,(all prefabbed) then one person pushes the ledger out with the standard while another person hole the brace and knocks it in on the boarded lift .you now have a solid point, now you pop your lift ledger in from the boarded lift(bow ledger)or a strong back ledger, these are like a beam itself, you repeat the same method now on the inside and afterwards walk out and put your 1m ledgers in, board out and move on to the next bay.

thats pritty much how i was trying to explain but putting ledger on the bottom cup with the brace althow at our spot we would have used 1 cups/starter cups

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

No walking out to put the tranny in though and all our erse's were intact.;)

be easier t put tranny on with ledger and brace and swing both out woldnt it dont like doing this way only dont it now and again aften do it with 4ft bays just dosent sit right with me 3 metal pins holding the thing up

thats pritty much how i was trying to explain but putting ledger on the bottom cup with the brace althow at our spot we would have used 1 cups/starter cups

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

be easier t put tranny on with ledger and brace and swing both out woldnt it dont like doing this way only dont it now and again aften do it with 4ft bays just dosent sit right with me 3 metal pins holding the thing up

There are no trannies on that scaffold, it’s all boarded out with steel pans, so you have to go out and put your 1m ledger in, afterwards you throw your pans across from the boarded lift, walk out on your lift ledger and wrap your legs around the top, them bracing are designed to take the weight thus the bow ledgers are acting as a beam, like I said he should have doubled up his bracing and put extra ones on the inside, that system is designed for that, if I was building that I would have dropped me standard another half a metre on the first cantliver and picked it up with double bracing from the bottom also. Pulled back on the last 2.
Horses for courses.whos to saythe scaffold was not already built from the ground, he lowered is spindles and gutted the top piece

There are no trannies on that scaffold, it’s all boarded out with steel pans, so you have to go out and put your 1m ledger in, afterwards you throw your pans across from the boarded lift, walk out on your lift ledger and wrap your legs around the top, them bracing are designed to take the weight thus the bow ledgers are acting as a beam, like I said he should have doubled up his bracing and put extra ones on the inside, that system is designed for that, if I was building that I would have dropped me standard another half a metre on the first cantliver and picked it up with double bracing from the bottom also. Pulled back on the last 2.
Horses for courses.whos to saythe scaffold was not already built from the ground, he lowered is spindles and gutted the top piece

trannies/board bearers whats there actuall name i call them bearers/trannys and metal boards pan but at our spot the call the metal board boards and the bearers pans feking back wards i know :laugh:

trannies/board bearers whats there actuall name i call them bearers/trannys and metal boards pan but at our spot the call the metal board boards and the bearers pans feking back wards i know :laugh:

The proper name for them is board bearers. They are used for wooden boards to board out,
You don’t need board bearer for your steel pans as they sit on the ledgers

I went out 20 foot with tube & fitting on a drop lift 200 foot up in the coal bunkers in Willington power station.never dropped an inch.would be interesting to see how far you could keep going...didn't really enjoy it though cos we had 1 harness between us and I didn't get to wear it...:eek:

The proper name for them is board bearers. They are used for wooden boards to board out,
You don’t need board bearer for your steel pans as they sit on the ledgers

our pans dont go around the ledgers the have a u shaped bit on end that dropp into a square tranny

Yes I know the system you are referring to, I don’t know what lahyer call it, but in cup lock they call it the omega system

Top Bottom