Oldest scaff anyone knows?

garygary

Reaction score
Work with a guy in Leeds who is still spinning at 76 only low level stuff though and carrys with his wrists

Magic, good on him but to be honest I hope I am not still at the coal face at that age. They tell me you change as you near retirement but FFS has he not done enough. I suppose he loves it and maybe even scared to stop.

WTF is a rough tough old school scaff want with one of them, they are sh it anyway.:laugh::laugh:

He is called Pete he started when he was late 40's he loves it he limps and can't really tighten fittings right up but he knows his stuff. He tried my impact wrench out and loves it, told him to get one should see him to retirement lol !!!

It is true he is a legend mate. Working with him tomo top notch guy with the paper work we help him out like a said it's mainly lower level work 1 to 2 m high around skids fog pumps and generators for the offshore industry. They build them and test run them there first he runs the site.

Mick Reid over 70 cut all his 21 down to 16s ......
Won't do a sleeve up anymore .... Little nip to the front of a double ....
Bespoke scaff still with single handrail

Old guy called Dave in early 2000's
Was in his mid 60's
Popped pain killers all day long but he was still quick and a really good Scaff
Worked with a few in late 50's early 60's thinking about it but none as old as in they're 70's
Had a labourer in his late 60's in the 90's - sound bloke, he had been a Scaff labourer most of his life. Had some great stories to tell

Work with a guy in Leeds who is still spinning at 76 only low level stuff though and carrys with his wrists

I worked for Rainham Scaffolding about 12 or so years ago (just after i left TRAD tbh) and there was a bloke on there called 'Tarpy', who used to get Rainhams alot of their Dagenham Ford Motors work.

To say he was old was an understatement.
He had no hair, no eye brows and no eye lashes and he used to walk about 1 mile per hour and walked with with such a hunch, that he was constantly looking at the floor! :D He must have been over 80 or so, if not older!

Never seen a Scaffolder so old since him, lol.

Billy Weaver From Forfar, Fabulous Scaffolder Started Scaffolding In 1957, The Knowledge Of The Man Is Amazing.

I worked for Rainham Scaffolding about 12 or so years ago (just after i left TRAD tbh) and there was a bloke on there called 'Tarpy', who used to get Rainhams alot of their Dagenham Ford Motors work.

To say he was old was an understatement.
He had no hair, no eye brows and no eye lashes and he used to walk about 1 mile per hour and walked with with such a hunch, that he was constantly looking at the floor! :D He must have been over 80 or so, if not older!

Never seen a Scaffolder so old since him, lol.

THE GUY MABY HAD ALOPECIA DONT FINK YOU LOOSE EYE BROWS WITH AGE THE GET EVEN BIGGER

Redirect Notice

Is that mick that used to work for sgb brighton

Top Bottom