Older Scaff needs old gear so as not to look like a prize prat

rarfy

Reaction score
Hi all, never used my scaffolding cards for a few years now went over to the dark side Rigging for an easier life trouble is im trying to get myself offshore and i scaffolding is looking to be the easiest route to get my foot in the door but dont want to fly offshore with a belt of brand new gear around my waist looking like a right idiot. didnt give a thought to going back to scaffolding so gave my belt to one of the labourers at the time now im after buying some decent quality used gear. any person persons able to rally to my aid would be gladly appreciated cheers
Rarfy

Hi Rarfy, not sure who would sell or give their spare belt away, just get a new set and roll it in oil for a bit.

Good luck going back off shore, I wonder if it's any better since you were last there.:wondering:

Dip your new belt and frogs in a bucket of old oil overnite, take out in morning, wipe down with a cloth and then hang em to dry for a week in the shed... sorted... don't know why your worried though ?

Hi all, never used my scaffolding cards for a few years now went over to the dark side Rigging for an easier life trouble is im trying to get myself offshore and i scaffolding is looking to be the easiest route to get my foot in the door but dont want to fly offshore with a belt of brand new gear around my waist looking like a right idiot. didnt give a thought to going back to scaffolding so gave my belt to one of the labourers at the time now im after buying some decent quality used gear. any person persons able to rally to my aid would be gladly appreciated cheers
Rarfy

Can you not say that either you bought a new set of tools, as your old ones were fukked or that your old belt was stolen from site?

I suppose you could try eBay.co.uk, or Amazon.co.uk for used tools and equipment...

Failing that, you could try to 'age' the belt and frogs yourself.
Try this link (Click here) for a thread to: Age a leather 'ammo' belt, same as a Scaffolding belt/frogs, but some guy has given it a silly name.
I found that site using a simple goooooooogle search - Maybe do the same?

But like Deb said, why is it so important to have an 'old look' belt?

Just send me all your new gear mate, and i will swap you all my old gear, however, my spanner will have to be sent by courier, as it is classed as a 'Weapon of mass destruction';) just add £99.99 P&P and my owld sh1te is yours forever.:D

Enjoy your trip offshore Bro.

Regards
Paddy

haha i know it sounds stupid and your work counts but the less ammo for stick you can give the better

Taffy I wouldn't worry to much ,most of the big mobs off shore make you use there tools for insurance reasons,you sign a belt out then give it back at end of your trip was on Nubian field bit back and this was what they were doing,all the best mate.

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

Rarfy the big mobs offshore will make you sign a belt out each trip they were making us use there tools on the ninians bait back .it's a nitemare as your own belt is like an old mate, then you have to use one that just don't feel rite,anyway good luck mate.

That's a new one on me Damo but it has been a while. I agree with Rarfy, it is always a bit suspicious when someone turns up on any job with loads of shiny new gear, most scaffs have to keep the cash for bevy and scrounge whatever they need tool wise.

That's a new one on me Damo but it has been a while. I agree with Rarfy, it is always a bit suspicious when someone turns up on any job with loads of shiny new gear, most scaffs have to keep the cash for bevy and scrounge whatever they need tool wise.

Says my best mate on the Forum, with a brand new 'Makita btw251' hanging in his brand new holster.:D

Look Mate.........if you are a Real Scaffolder you don't need to give a Shyte what anyone thinks about your shiny new belt and tools.......just do it! :D

just out of curiosity why leave the fraternity in the first place
once a scaff always a scaff,riggers are all poofs.
i wouldnt worry about the belt situation too much,but you will need one its only cape dish out the belts bud

Says my best mate on the Forum, with a brand new 'Makita btw251' hanging in his brand new holster.:D

Got to be honest Paddy, there aint no way I would turn up on a new platform with that swingin from ma belt.:embarrest:

if i seen anyone with one of those gadgets offshore i would probably ask him to fix my door or some other HOUSE MOUSE DUTIES:eek:

Aye...... know what you mean Ali, ffs sometimes i turn to the left if a scaff wagon approaches. Not fully out the 'Closet' with the I.W yet.:embarrest:

However it is great using them though mate.:love: as you know.

Exactly Happy, I would never risk it out there but you only turn the spanner 6 times a day anyway and that's if you are doing the 15's.

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

Aye...... know what you mean Ali, ffs sometimes i turn to the left if a scaff wagon approaches. Not fully out the 'Closet' with the I.W yet.:embarrest:

However it is great using them though mate.:love: as you know.

Exactly Paddy. No doubt we will soon get over it as the feeling returns to the wrists but until them it only goes on the belt within my own squad.:embarrest:

I do.:noworry:

All kidding aside, I have taken a back seat on the erecting side for a couple of weeks now and it's honestly driving me up the wall. Even the office work, estimates and invoice's have started to slip as I loose motivation. I have decided I need to be under pressure just to operate as soon as the pressure drops off I loose all motivation. Back on the spanner tomorrow, thank F.

I do.:noworry:

All kidding aside, I have taken a back seat on the erecting side for a couple of weeks now and it's honestly driving me up the wall. Even the office work, estimates and invoice's have started to slip as I loose motivation. I have decided I need to be under pressure just to operate as soon as the pressure drops off I loose all motivation. Back on the spanner tomorrow, thank F.

If you need anyone to do the estimates give me a bell :idea::idea:

Top Bottom