Old Yard

I started in this game 1990 and humphreys where around then with there old brewery artics i recall

Yes both austins are still busy at this end

Also remember brighton scaffold the polish guy with orange lorrys and rusty tube

So why did len do himself ?

That brings back memories. I worked for humphreys in the mid to late seventies. And I remember that old Bedford they had. Very lucky to get 40 out of it downhill.

Ah memory lane----

I started in this game as lorry driver, Bedford TK TIPPER, load in yard get to site
and Seamus would say tip the fooker over there and go get another load and dont take too long about it, they were the days:)

I was probably the fud who had to unravel it all.:mad:

I do remember sorting many a tipped load.:(

So Do I , Fekking Nightmare, Either That Or It Was An Artic Load And You Worked Off The Trailer. I Must Have Been A Lot Thinner In These Days To Squeeze Between The Palletts And Bundles Of Boards.

I started in this game 1990 and humphreys where around then with there old brewery artics i recall

Yes both austins are still busy at this end

Also remember brighton scaffold the polish guy with orange lorrys and rusty tube

So why did len do himself ?

They must have folded just after that then. Think the recession hit and poor Len who was a councillor and much respected couldnt take the shame. I may be wrong though.

Dont remember the polish guy. Good to hear Austins still going strong. There are guys who have worked for them for over 30 years so usually a sign of a good company.

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

That brings back memories. I worked for humphreys in the mid to late seventies. And I remember that old Bedford they had. Very lucky to get 40 out of it downhill.

You could be Tony Scholey who lived near the Stadium pub and did a bit in germany years ago????

Top Bottom