old school

I've been scaffolding 18yrs st, but i was taught by lads that had been scaffing 15-20 yrs previous to that so i class myself and old school.

Most things pre 2004 -so if you have been taught by someone in the 80s&90s you maybe be concidered as having some oldschool tricks. But i think to call urself old school means you had to be there, theres still quite a few guys left that started turning a spanner in the 70s but if you can remember si gle h/r & none on the base lift & life b4 brickguards than in my book ur old school ;)

Single handrail and none on the base lift , those were the days.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

Most things pre 2004 -so if you have been taught by someone in the 80s&90s you maybe be concidered as having some oldschool tricks. But i think to call urself old school means you had to be there, theres still quite a few guys left that started turning a spanner in the 70s but if you can remember si gle h/r & none on the base lift & life b4 brickguards than in my book ur old school ;)

:D

I think old school is no such thing as a harness,doing hangers with people getting into cars below you,no gloves,no hard hat,no rams AND no little twatt saying he's a scaff before you tell him to " do one little ffuucckking idiot"

Funny u say that about an hanger I was shown a pic from the 70s of an hanger being build with ' proper scaff' on a dropper with nowt on exept shorts and sandels lol pukka pic infact

Granted ain't done one for years but if memory serves putting it up we slid down to the trapeze and through a few boards on then ledger etc and striking had to use a butt to get the 5ft out again was years ago

2 boards wide till you get to the top lift lapped! (Kicking the odd double off as you was liked along) transoms only at the standards No harness, No boots! No hard hat! Shorts t shirts no tool box talk bollox etc

And site agents who knew what to do!

They we the days my Friends.... Should have been a song

Top Bottom