Old Scaffolder

when i first got into scaffolding ,next to the chippies we were the higherst paid, i can remember some hodcarrier called superhod that used to earn over a grand aweek and drove a roller to work - around 1986 i was working price on housing sites and used to hit 1k most 5 days- and still be in the pub for 3 oclock,and we used to say if u cant earn it in 5 then get outta the game,but now with 3 reccestions and a load of h&s bull you'd have to go some to earn it in 7
with reguard to the sccr i think its a cracking idea but with so few members compared with guys on the forum then we aint got a chance of either the nasc or h&s taking us seriously so for fuuucks sake guys stop whining and put your cash where your mouths are and join up so we can unite againt it all and truely have our say
maxie quaterman i think was the fellas name around the time of " loadsa money " harry enfield

I have been in the scaffolding industry for 30 years!!

25 years ago I was taking £1,500 a week home after tax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Know most guys struggle to get that a month.:mad:

Ragscaff

Yep we we're getting the same money working for Oxford Scaffolding Services on Stocksbridge Steelworks. Used to get most of your tax back as well old SC60 :D

Was that OSS that got swallowed up by formscaff ?

Best job I had, was shifting the Peabody estate at Wild Street near Covent Garden..on over 2k a week, that was 9 years ago.
also on a an estate round Vincent Square near Victoria, that was good dough with some weeks on 2k plus also.

Days before the harnesses were implemented throughout and 10 ft lifts.
Luvly jubbly!

Top Bottom