NVQ scaffold inspection

7/16

Reaction score
seeing as an NVQ has always existed for scaffold inspection. why has it never been offered to learners?
surely a learner goes to attend a course to be educated. they undertake NVQ as part of the training and these rules are set out by our government. i already know thats illegal to disadvantage a learner. So WHY are scaffolders undertaking inspection being disadvantaged? Or is this a simple case of being mis-sold something. Now how much did the banks have to payout for mis-selling PP I insurance.
maybe every person who in the past or present actually has a case on this.

i do need to check on if your case would be against the training provider or not. however the training provider has only fulfilled their oblegations under the scheme.
the more i look at this claims via CiSRS / NASC London Address via registered post.

maybe any legal boffs on the site could advise further. Please dont tell me its not viable when it is. who do we sue CISRS or the training provider?

could be an interesting thread this one. never knew there was an nvq for scaff inspection. As courses are only 3/5 days,makes nvq a bit of a farce really.

Yeah I didn't think the inspection courses were NVQ based as their are 2 and 3 days long?

They are. Why would you need a ticket to carry out something that you are already qualified to do?

Maybe therein lies the enigma.

Why hasn't it been offered.
Whilst I also fully agree with you IMK.
How can a CISRS certificate superseed an NVQ.
So why are people being forced into undertaking full courses every 5 years. When actually is it really warranted or valid?

A CISRS card or course is not a legal requirement although people see it that way, the only thing that is a legal requirement under law is that people must be competent when undertaking Inspections or the erection and dismantling of scaffolding. how do you prove competency ? is through training or by through Qualification or both..."food for thought".

I agree that this should be offered but I don't think this would be offered until you went for the inspection training. An NVQ can be taken at any time on any level "there is no rule on this" but the construction companies require the CISRS card purely on the basis that they have endorsed this in their companies which has become extremely widely spread amongst other companies. you may have an NVQ and you can in theory have your inspection module while you do the part 1 and part 2 but then the question is asked why is he doing inspections if he does not have his CISRS inspection card ? .......its a case of what comes first the chicken or the egg lol...

Very interesting outward bound. So in your opinion which is the greater. An actual qualification that means something or a plastic Photocard which you have to renew every 5 years? If it's the card then why is NVQ still going as part of the level 1, 2 & 3 training because the training is worthless without it.
Which goes back to my original question.
So because my card has expired yesterday I am no longer competent or experienced. I am not saying people should not undertake CPD to keep up with the ever changing industry. But a full resist is complete and rubbish and unfounded.
If my bank card runs out they send me another they don't ask me to open another account.

Totally agree, in my opinion a qualification is worth more as this will not expire i.e. the NVQ. unfortunately the N.V.Q does not have any training specifications so it does need to be accompanied with some training in order to get the qualification. the NVQ was designed to qualify people on site from observations and evidence gathering with the workforce training up personal. the renewal question is always a big subject as it comes down to funding the organisation behind it..although the NVQ is a qualification. There was a group called the MCG "Major contractors group with main big construction companies getting together and deciding on which training should be recognised and accepted in companies the CITB/ CISRS came to the forefront and has grown since then...in theory any training company can give scaffold training and give a certificate and even a card but the construction / scaffolding companies will not probably accept it as the NASC / CISRS /CITB are all working closely together

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

It is not a legal requirement to have a CISRS card, but only to be classed as competent how that happens and how it is decided lies with the employers. construction companies enforce what the contractors must have if they want to undertake work from the construction companies.

Top Bottom