Nuclear Clearance Advise

str3tchy

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone with nuclear clearance can lend some advice?

Applied for it a few year ago and got nowhere with my work history being all over the place with stints claiming benefits in between, got the forms again and wondering if it would be easier to get a mate that runs a company to say I've worked for them the last 3 years, has anyone else tried it this way and would it pass the checks?

How to obtain Security Clearance

You cannot apply for Security Clearance as an individual. Clearance is requested by an employer and carried out by Government agencies. Security Clearance is granted for a specific period of time depending on the employment term or for a particular project.

How do I get a Security Clearance?

First you need a sponsor. Individuals and companies cannot ask for a security clearance unless they are sponsored, and you will not be sponsored unless they are contracted (or are in the process of being contracted) to work on one or more specific MOD classified projects.
For large contracts, an officer in the Defence Procurement Agency (DPA) or Defence Logistics Organisation (DLO) - typically a Project Officer will be your sponsor. For staff in sub-contracted organisations, sponsorship will be provided through the prime contractor.
Why does MOD insist on having sponsors for security clearances? Why can't I just apply for a security clearance?

A security clearance provides a certain level of assurance at a point in time, as to an individual's suitability to have trusted access to sensitive information.
It does not provide a guarantee of future reliability, and all security clearances are kept under review to ensure that the necessary level of assurance is maintained.

Top Bottom