non political tribute

Yeah, It Is A Bit Strange Right Enough, Still Thats Life Ian, Who Am I To Judge Anyone Its There Life Mate.

I have been in contact with admin, they know exactly who I am and that I am genuine.

Just use my phone mate, but not today. A days surfing, as in wetsuit and surfboard, cheers lads!

I Really Dont Care That Someone Is Gay, Or Not Gay Or Catholic Or Muslim Its None Of My Business. If Robert Is Gay At Least He Is Being Honest And Open And Thats To Be Commended, Frank (Lets Call Him Frank Just Now) Is A Bit More Complicated Methinks, In One Breath His Father Was A British Para Who Left The Battalion After Bloody Sunday, Next He Was Shot By The Ruc For Being Irish . I Think That There Are More Personalities Than Norman Bates In There. I Refuse To Reply To Any Thread He Starts Or Responds To Because It Only End Up In Anti British Anti Protestant Im An Irish Victim Balltwaddle, He Spouts About Bigots On This Forum But Hes The Biggest Bigot On Here By A Long Shot, Anyway Gents Im Off To Polish My Shoes Clean My Medals And Brush My Beret For The Rememberence Parade Tomorrow When All The Dead From Every Country Will Be Remembered (Did You Read That Part Frank EVERY COUNTRY)

I Really Dont Care That Someone Is Gay, Or Not Gay Or Catholic Or Muslim Its None Of My Business. If Robert Is Gay At Least He Is Being Honest And Open And Thats To Be Commended, Frank (Lets Call Him Frank Just Now) Is A Bit More Complicated Methinks, In One Breath His Father Was A British Para Who Left The Battalion After Bloody Sunday, Next He Was Shot By The Ruc For Being Irish . I Think That There Are More Personalities Than Norman Bates In There. I Refuse To Reply To Any Thread He Starts Or Responds To Because It Only End Up In Anti British Anti Protestant Im An Irish Victim Balltwaddle, He Spouts About Bigots On This Forum But Hes The Biggest Bigot On Here By A Long Shot, Anyway Gents Im Off To Polish My Shoes Clean My Medals And Brush My Beret For The Rememberence Parade Tomorrow When All The Dead From Every Country Will Be Remembered (Did You Read That Part Frank EVERY COUNTRY)
Got to say I agree wi all Ya say there Gerscaff,if ther'es one day in the whole year when all Our differences,be they political,religious or whatever should be put aside then surely tomorrow is that day.
Come on lads wear Ya poppies with pride in remembrance of all those that died and continue to die,irrespective of race or religion.

This thread is an example of freedom of speech in action.

This is one of the things that was fought for in WW2. So in a strange way, the red poppy I'm wearing means that we can state out opinions.

I've posted this poem before, but here goes.

It is the Soldier (Charles M Province)

It is the Soldier, not the minister
Who has given us freedom of religion.

It is the Soldier, not the reporter
Who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the Soldier, not the poet
Who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the Soldier, not the campus organizer
Who has given us freedom to protest.

It is the Soldier, not the lawyer
Who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the Soldier, not the politician
Who has given us the right to vote.

It is the Soldier who salutes the flag,
Who serves beneath the flag,
And whose coffin is draped by the flag,
Who allows the protester to burn the flag.
-----
Can we at least try to be worthy of the sacrifices made?

The Irish Army weren't at D-Day, in fact Eire were neutral during the second world war. They did pay a horrendous price during WWI then were treat appallingly by there their own government on their return, denied jobs etc. which makes a whole mockery of the troubles.

I don't post much on here now becaause of the constant slanging matches and abuse a small minority of members of choose to fling at other people. instead of moving tribute threads to "the pub forum" Admin should be banning these trolls and the bile they are spouting at people on here. it's not banter, everyone knows what banter is, what's happening on here is pure abuse. It's no wonder people think of scaffolders as ignorant morons when you read some of the puerile nonsense posted on here by supposedly grown men.

I shall be at the cenotaph tommorrow, wearing my poppy with pride, if others don't want to, or feel a poppy is not for them, that's fine - that's what our forefathers made the ultimate sacrife. thank goodness they did so we have the freedom to choose -
"They shall not grow old as we grow old, time shall not weary them or the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we shall remember them".

The Irish Army weren't at D-Day, in fact Eire were neutral during the second world war. They did pay a horrendous price during WWI then were treat appallingly by there their own government on their return, denied jobs etc. which makes a whole mockery of the troubles.

I don't post much on here now becaause of the constant slanging matches and abuse a small minority of members of choose to fling at other people. instead of moving tribute threads to "the pub forum" Admin should be banning these trolls and the bile they are spouting at people on here. it's not banter, everyone knows what banter is, what's happening on here is pure abuse. It's no wonder people think of scaffolders as ignorant morons when you read some of the puerile nonsense posted on here by supposedly grown men.

I shall be at the cenotaph tommorrow, wearing my poppy with pride, if others don't want to, or feel a poppy is not for them, that's fine - that's what our forefathers made the ultimate sacrife. thank goodness they did so we have the freedom to choose -
"They shall not grow old as we grow old, time shall not weary them or the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we shall remember them".
Well said Gunslinge
I agree,banter's great but some of the sh*t on here borders on the offensive.
Some of our fallen heroes would be turning in their graves.
Is this really free speech?

I seem to remember this Joebag starting another thread recently about Martin Mc Guinness shaking the queen’s hand; so I’m going to tell you straight you’re a complete and utter f-ucking Moran, you do nothing on here but wind people up and start ridiculous threads and cause trouble, all you talk about is the past ,in the states, in the states, you also mentioned about republicans in the states causing more trouble, the states ,the states, you’re a W-Anker, all the advice you give on here is crap .do you ever do any work? I doubt it very much? Why are you not in the states now? Move on and realize the world we live in. leave the crack pipe alone for a few days and give your head a rest

I just want to make it quite clear that moving the Remembrance day thread has nothing to do with politics or political correctness.

I simply looked through the Scaffolders Forum section last week and removed as many posts as possible that are not related to scaffolding.

I have received a number of requests to do this from a number of different forum members in recent weeks.

It didn’t matter whether these threads were about politics, religion, sport, alcohol, computer games, films, they all got moved.

I did not mean to disrespect anybody by moving these threads.

These threads were moved to the forum pub as that is where “off-topic” threads belong. However, this does not mean that I think our fallen soldiers are simply “pub talk”

I have not asked anybody to stop talking about the subject in question, it has simply been moved to another location. It has nothing to do with my thoughts on the subject.

If anybody is interested, I have numerous family members who served our country and have a cousin who served in Afghanistan last year. I took time to pay my respects on Sunday.

If you have any further thoughts on subject, they please feel free to contact me, rather than simply making assumptions and accusations.

Last edited:
Top Bottom