Node points

Never heard of it, but us small time boys like to keep it simple stupid. Just add a percentage for heavy duty stuff.

Say £ 8.40 per hour, an hour = a bay, loading bay over two bays with extra bracing you get 6 hours for, cant see how node counting would work but different strokes an all that :idea:

Must take some planning though, knowing how many node points are in some of these big jobs, I'm not even sure how many are in that wee tower we did this morning.:embarrest:

this is what is known as linear mtrs 20 boards per man hr 20 ft per man 50 fittings per man hr this all depends on linears erected within in 5 mtrs of truck so your hrs on materials may increase due to carrying and when you have finished the laborious tasks of working out your man hrs its just as quick to price by the running mtr

No it can apply to system apparently. Don't get it myself. It doesn't make the scaffold any different.
If you were doing a heavy duty form work scaff compared to a light duty birdcage why not just add a % for the smaller bays and more gear?

Morning Fred,
I have come across a couple of firms in the ME who want to use this as their pricing method but we have avoided it to be honest.

Ask them to define a node point and see how many answers you get.

Consider:
Independent
do they want a price for nodes on elevation or nodes inside and outside, is a node where tubes meet a vertical if so what about guard rails?
What about wide or narrow independents how do you cover the boards?

All sounds a bit daft but we have gone through this a few times here and cant get a standard answer from the customer.

There is a tendency in the ME for clients to try and determine how and in what units you need to price a scaffold but with little knowledge of how scaffold prices are actually created.

I feel it is as a result of their efforts to measure apples with apples, incorrectly they assume that if everything is priced in cubic m they get a better price and can measure against others.

Offer an alternative Fred

If you have 13ft of scaffolding this will have 12 node points x6 nodes for doubles x4 ledger bracing x2 sway bracing calculate a node @ £1.10p by 12n =£13.20p per running mtr this is practical up to 3 lifts after 3 lifts increase the price of the node for another 2 lifts by 10p so your 4th an 5th lift will be running in @ £14.40 per running mtr this is a simple method but always take into account how long they want the scaffolding for I have done this on a standard scaffolding @ 3weeks you can do this on birdcages by design if you feel the nodes will not make a profit, increase the price on the nodes its just another system that some understand and some don't all it does is create a price for running meter scc

HWT did you get sorted on node point pricing I sent you a thread on how it works all you have to do is work out the first 4mtrs

Top Bottom