New Zealand scaffolder shortage

bet the weathers nice where you are haverspannerwilltravel.i no your away from home but it beats being here mate.

go for it mate you ante missing nish here same olde rat race!!!!

Been here 14 yrs great life style not grt money but would never go back, I am now a manager of a small local company, and love every day, come try it, NZs the future.

Alright gazzar. Is your firm paying for transfers? I've just spent a year over there working for burkey boy but at the time I could only get a year visa. Where abouts are you based?

Been here 14 yrs great life style not grt money but would never go back, I am now a manager of a small local company, and love every day, come try it, NZs the future.
Hi mate where bouts in nz are you, would your firm sponsor someone, been looking at emigration with the family.

Do they recognise australian scaffolding tickets ? i spent the last two years over there working on the mines but had to leave as scaffolding isnt on the critical skills list over there . I have worked as a scaffolder in my home country ireland but this was before you really needed tickets , hence the Australian tickets .

Im considering goin with the family, im sure it would be an adventure, for a while anyway. Does any one no wheres best to go for wages and family life.

Ya i know that pal, i dont qualify for OZ if i did i would be there by now. NZ sounds alrite and if i get citizenship i mite go to OZ then.

im in nz ,and working here. if u working as a contractor will get good money.

couldnt see anything on the linkk you put up all I saw was farmers lol

I have been in New Zealand for three years now and love it, reading some of the comments on this thread makes me laugh .

The trouble with us Brits who come to NZ is we expect it to be like England but surprise surprise its not its New Zealand.

As soon as you ecept the Kiwi way it all falls in to place , New Zealand is the best place in the world to bring up children , crime is very low and its safe to go out at night .

If you are thinking about the move well then do it , England aint going anywhere and if you dont like well then go back

How do you find out which Companys are looking for men etc?

No point now,Scaffolders are off the list for the time being

Just because scaffolding is off the shortage list does not stop anyone coming out as there plenty of scaffolding companies in the North and South island that can get you out .As for scaffold ticket our english tickets are not recognised but your experience goes a long way as most Kiwi scaffolders are not the best , doing a advanced scaffold course in New Zealand is like doing a basic ticket in England . All Kiwi's are very welcoming and happy to help in any way plus there is quite a few Brits out here so it feels like home .

Dear SIR,

I am Shan, having experience more than 14 years in offshore marine field as a Scaffolding Supervisor cum Inspector.

Having Group of people (Indians), they are very skillful certified scaffolders and with several years experience. Especially excellent in suspended scaffolding (Hanging scaffolding ) and other types of scaffolding too, with 100% safety. If can sponsor for minimum 2years contract, we’re willingly to work. We are right now in Singapore, working at marine / offshore side. If you have any Project start and complete successfully, call us.

For more details,

Shan

vellshan@live.com

Singapore

+65 84507760

I worked there for 5 years..average scaffolder get $22 - $25 per hour grossing $1200 per week for 5 days. Cost of living is high, food, bills, petrol. If you have a young family financially you go backwards. You need two incomes to get by.
I was managing a company and on a good salary in NZ terms, but still found it hard.
Saying that though great place to bring up kids, nice and safe. no crime, you can leave your house unlocked and car running when you pop into a shop. Sceney is fantastic, thats why so many films are made there. South island is cold 6 -7 months of the year, but great for skiing. My kids went to school and they ski for a whole day during ski season.

Top Bottom