New starts grrrrrrr

Alamo16584

Reaction score
Anyone else get fed up with new starts. Everyone has heard that my depot is supposed to be closing but on Monday I started 6 guys on short term contracts - guarenteed 2 months then rolling month by month for most of the year - its Wednesday n 4 down & had to be replaced today along with another 2 new starts - wonder how much I will have to replace tomorrow - worst bit was I put 4 on dropping a block of flats n never went near coz was a sound job n sound guys & I think decent money for it - maybe its just me getting older but I let my spanners do my talking n not my feet do the walking - job till its dropped

Some lads only want the easy life
1 look , too much like hard work fook that and ofski ! lol

Typical working hours for these sorts a lads.. 8.30 - 3 pm, total waste of time and energy..

anyone else get fed up with new starts. Everyone has heard that my depot is supposed to be closing but on monday i started 6 guys on short term contracts - guarenteed 2 months then rolling month by month for most of the year - its wednesday n 4 down & had to be replaced today along with another 2 new starts - wonder how much i will have to replace tomorrow - worst bit was i put 4 on dropping a block of flats n never went near coz was a sound job n sound guys & i think decent money for it - maybe its just me getting older but i let my spanners do my talking n not my feet do the walking - job till its dropped

who it for and wer ein the country ?

But you forgot the tea breaks n extender lunch and all the smokes lol - belt for over 30 years n proud to say I never walked off a job

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Harsco - Aberdeen -I am site service manager

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Harsco Aberdeen - I am site service manager

Total numpties, these sorts of wasters just wander firm to firm screwing up contracts for the companies that employ them, took me at least 3 years to source the right lads to carry the company forward, although saying that, they do like the easy life when they can get it..

Hello Swifty, notice your local... Nice to make your acquaintance mate.

Wouldn't care but knocked others back to start this lot but must say a couple came as a gang and a couple young new starts through job centre

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

What area are you

What area is everyone n how's work coz maybe I need look when harsco finally say turn off the lights here lol

South Wales.. Quality.. I want to take the kids/dog and possibly the wife there for a trip this Easter, beautiful part of the world...

@ Alamo... I Heard Harsco was shutting up shop, but no different here mate, still quiet.. Just got in with a new build contract so I am hoping to get some steady chunks in the near future but who knows... So much competition out there ATM, earning a living now is even harder, recession or not!!

@swiftly - port crawl ,Cardiff area love it
N harsco tightening areas but not shutting up everywhere just going to target industrial n away fron housing which is our area

Wish I had a job to walk off.. How the hell do they manage to pay the bills. I'm getting 3 or 4 days work hear and there. Need a letter off the pope round here to get 2 months work

There it is Chris....2 months mate!!! Get some diggs mate, speak to Alamo.....

Top Bottom