New forth bridge crossing

Wee update on this job - the job itself is slow going not hard pushed to say the least and a nice change from the usual, all the guys are sound and the gaffer to be fair is brand new. You work 12s for 12 days then have 2 off after 2-3 blocks of days you do 12 nights.

However do not go through the agency that is touting the work cause they are robbing ******** passing you on to one of these umbrella mobs who then take a cut of your money for doing basically nothing but posting you a wage slip and fobb you off with lies about how its deductions for this that and the next thing that you have to pay (i am looking in to the legality/legitimacy of this but thats another story).

The bridge WILL take you books in they would prefer to, it was just unfortunate i went with the agency and then had to apparently work for a set amount of time or have a finders fee paid for me. needless to say i took the jump and went and done my survival etc for offshore as i was getting raped cash wise for the hours i was working.

Hopefully this helps anybody considering trying to get on here or offered it.

Top Bottom