need help on going out to oz

I had a chat with a Greek cab driver in Sydney who said exactly the same.
House prices are astronomical and everyone is worried about paying mortgages, electricity etc. Just like UK.
I will have to disagree about one other thing though Phil181. Not all the tv is appalling.bThe uniforms for the 6th form girls in Home and Away make for avid viewing.

I had a chat with a Greek cab driver in Sydney who said exactly the same.
House prices are astronomical and everyone is worried about paying mortgages, electricity etc. Just like UK.
I will have to disagree about one other thing though Phil181. Not all the tv is appalling.bThe uniforms for the 6th form girls in Home and Away make for avid viewing.

Yeah that's true!

I was at Palm Beach where they film the beach scenes for Home & Away 3 or 4 weeks ago.

It's a nice little spot for a bit of lunch and a perv. Just don't forget your wrap round sunnies or you'll get busted!!

Once you get your working holiday visa, you will need to get a Aussie scaffold ticket, this will cost about $1800. there are loads of places that do the training. I can only speak for WA,a s that is where I am based, but once you have the visa, scaff ticket your laughing. Companies should put you through your working at Heights and confined space tickets. Good luck

can't you just get the Oz scaff ticket outta a bag of crisps ??

WA vs UK????
I think if you asked any ex pat out here where they would rather be, the answer would be the same...WA.
More money.. Including scaffolding especially up north or offshore.
Great sunshine at least 9 months of the year, yes it does cool down for three months, but you can still go to beach when the suns out.
Where in the UK, does the goverment give you 14k towards your first house??
My mate came here 4 years ago with the clothes on his back, now has just built a 4 x 2 house with a pool!! Not bad for a scaffolder?

new zealand austrailia timbuk2 mountdoom blah blah blah theres only one place on the planet worth a visit knottyash .

WA vs UK????
I think if you asked any ex pat out here where they would rather be, the answer would be the same...WA.
More money.. Including scaffolding especially up north or offshore.
Great sunshine at least 9 months of the year, yes it does cool down for three months, but you can still go to beach when the suns out.
Where in the UK, does the goverment give you 14k towards your first house??
My mate came here 4 years ago with the clothes on his back, now has just built a 4 x 2 house with a pool!! Not bad for a scaffolder?

I agree in some ways HWDW. If you have nothing and the arse is hanging out your trousers Australia does have its attractions. If you have always had a good standard of living then its pretty much like any other country.
You cant knock Perths sunshine record but then the whole population is anal about skin cancer.
I think the UK government are pretty generous with housing allowances for immigrants and doesnt take 46% tax from the workers??
Every scaffolder I know has a 4x2 house at least.:p

One word of advise mate be ready to scratch your head at Australian Rules and there level of expertises bro.
Im currently sponsored by an Australian Company and i wanna blow my brains out most days, i crave tube and fit uk style no stupid Aberden transoms and lashing.
You can pick up work easy enough, tickets well mate as the old saying goes you can grab them off the back of cereal packets.
$2000 two week course and you can get your Australian Advanced, no lies.
Did my Advance in 1 Day.......
You also need a white card $60 online easy as **** un failable but dont tell your employer you did it online as some are funny about not doing the 6 hours in a classroom, cause heaps of retards/foreigners get someone to do it for them and they havent a scooby!
Im over in Perth but have worked in Adelaide.

Top Bottom