National Rate?

john the manc

Reaction score
Is there a national wage rate in this country?
I am asking this because I have been a subby for the past 12 years or so.
If I were to say I was going back to work for a firm 'cards in', then can anyone tell me if there is an average going rate on all levels of scaffolders or is it the area that matters?
Cheers.:D

Depends where you work I suppose pal, I'm on a blue book site and that's the same across the country but looking in the jobs section on here it seems the south west is where the best rates are.

Yeh I noticed. I am actually asking this for the benefit of another scaff as I dont think I will be changing over for a while.
Just wondering if anyone knew the average going rate for an A-carded scaffolder or if there actually IS one.

We would ALL love the Blue-Book rate as it happens.:bigsmile:

I personally think is varies from region to region mate. I've heard £20 per hour banded about recently in London for CIS .I think more and more now its all card based as well.

In actual fact i was genuinly offered a job on friday as an advanced with a hgv -£160

From reading on here everyones on a zillion quid a day for only 2hrs work.but tbh asking around the average wage in my area for a pt2 is £120-135
advanced range from £130-145
cis & depending on other quals & obviously more in london than up north because we all know london scaffs are top bannanas lol

I'm thinking of going the other way, from cards in to cis through the agency's. I'm sick of my firm pissing me around and it seems these agencies are paying the most

Yeh I noticed. I am actually asking this for the benefit of another scaff as I dont think I will be changing over for a while.
Just wondering if anyone knew the average going rate for an A-carded scaffolder or if there actually IS one.

We would ALL love the Blue-Book rate as it happens.:bigsmile:

BLUE BOOK ANTE THAT SPECIAL UNLESS YOU BANG THE HOURS IN DUNGERNESS KENT IS BLUE BOOK £14.95 A HOUR PART 2 AND ADVANCED EVEN THOU YOU ALL DO THE SAME WORK IS 50P A HOUR MORE ITS ONLY THE DOUBLE TIME ECT THAT MAKES THE MONEY BETER WHICH YOU AVE TO WORKTHE HOURS TO GET THE PREMIUM. 38 HOURS ON A BLUE BOOK PART 2 WILL NET YOU ONLY £445 IF YOUR LUCKY THINK THE AVERAGE RATE OUT THERE AT MOMENT ON CIS IS HOOVERING AT £16 TO £17 SHAME THE SUPER CISRS TICKET DONT AVE A WAGE TO REFLECT EXSPERIENCE NOT A STUPID 2 WEEK COURSE:mad:

For the last year on the forum it seams agencies get the stick but now offer the best £££ it's a shame a lot of firms don't keep tabs

I prefer cards in on the whole more secure and hols but if a 7/12 job came up then cis plsses all over it

These agencies seem to be quite busy at the moment so doubtful you'd be out of work

Im on 16 an hr for 42.5 hrs, anything after that is 24 an hr. Average day is 8.5 hrs but i do 9.5 - 10 a day at 7 days a week.

For the last year on the forum it seams agencies get the stick but now offer the best £££ it's a shame a lot of firms don't keep tabs

I prefer cards in on the whole more secure and hols but if a 7/12 job came up then cis plsses all over it

Not too sure on the secure part m8 -paye can get laid off just as easy which is what a lot of firms do just b4 2years are up that will make them eligable for redundancy,holiday pay is better than the tax rebate cis get & as for sick pay,its only payable from day 4 -which means it rarely gets payed. if you get a start on a decent firm cis you'll get looked after.
but you know what they say about finding a good govenor;)

Not too sure on the secure part m8 -paye can get laid off just as easy which is what a lot of firms do just b4 2years are up that will make them eligable for redundancy,holiday pay is better than the tax rebate cis get & as for sick pay,its only payable from day 4 -which means it rarely gets payed. if you get a start on a decent firm cis you'll get looked after.
but you know what they say about finding a good govenor;)

Well I'm alright on finding a good guv sp know a good few ;) but Yep think ur right about paye didn't realise about the 2yr rule about redundancy pay very good post mate

In actual fact i was genuinly offered a job on friday as an advanced with a hgv -£160

From reading on here everyones on a zillion quid a day for only 2hrs work.but tbh asking around the average wage in my area for a pt2 is £120-135
advanced range from £130-145
cis & depending on other quals & obviously more in london than up north because we all know london scaffs are top bannanas lol

If your a top Southern Scaff where are all your vidoes of the jobs you've put up, single handed? And all the videos of you being up really, really high showing us how brave you are..... Lol:nuts:

If your a top Southern Scaff where are all your vidoes of the jobs you've put up, single handed? And all the videos of you being up really, really high showing us how brave you are..... Lol:nuts:

Lol never said i was a top bannana,being from the shires i'm just a little fat poof thats scared of heights:nuts:

Yeh m8 its a well known fact - the same as all northerners wear flat caps & eat black pudding;):laugh:

Top Bottom