NASC labourers card

waynedamage

Reaction score
I seen a post a week or so back on facebook saying NASC are bringing out a labourers card from next year!

Will this mean that all new starts and existing labourers will need CSCS and CISRS labourers card? How much is this gonna cost an already in my opinion a massivley over regulated industry?

Any thoughts on what the questions for that test will be like lads? :D

It's like a one day induction/introduction at a CISRS training centre.
The employer sends the new employee to the centre to get the mini training done.... The new employee spends a day there and then thinks 'f@ck scaffolding it looks like a **** job' ad never returns leaving the employer out of pocket.... Not properly thought through....

Probably not..... They will be taught what SG:4 is even though it won't be relevant to them until they have a Part 2 (and completed NVQ). Along with other useless bits of info for a person that cannot officially leave the floor or turn a spanner. Good work CISRS fellas!

I think it's more the mc's who are insisting everybody has a minimum level of training before allowing them on site. It's also possible to do this training in house if you have the facilities.

What does this training involve .this may be a case of the big boys putting another knife in the coffin for the small boys ???

1 day Gary, just like an induction really and it is possible to do it yourself.

At the moment just fill in the form and send your money in,no training required for a labour'ers card.

Check out the construction index bf, not sure of the exact date but if it hasn't changed it soon will.

Check out the construction index bf, not sure of the exact date but if it hasn't changed it soon will.

I wondered how long it would be before some kind of paid for training was required,does that mean that any existing non trained labourer's card's are obsolete??:wondering:

No don't think so. Just new entrants. Just an induction really, I think I will be qualified to do it myself but doubt I will have the facilities. Unless the fitting shed complies.

So Does This Mean That The Cisrs Labourers Card Is Invalid? I Also Heard Through The Tom Toms (Rumour Hopefully) That The Assesed Card Is Also For The Chop, It Just Gets Worse.

Heard that myself gerscaff, not sure about that one though. They won't take existing cards of anyone, I think it comes in September.

My Card Runs Out Next Year Buddy, So We Will Just Have To See Wont We.

It's all just rumours and chat at the minute. Don't see how they can to be honest.

I Remember Having A Similar Conversation About The Eitb Cards Mate, They Can And Will Do Whatever The Hell They Like, They Are Not The Suckers Who Are Paying For This, (Again)

No don't think so. Just new entrants. Just an induction really, I think I will be qualified to do it myself but doubt I will have the facilities. Unless the fitting shed complies.

Just been having a read through the application pack to be able to do this training in house, and tbh I think the requirements will rule 99% of companies out. The cost of buying the training package along with classroom and training space requirements will rule out smaller companies, while even larger companies will have problems with the instructor requirements.

I can understand the need for the instructor to have some form of safety qualification (NEBOSH, SMSTS, etc.), but having to hold a formal teaching / training qualification as well ? A bit OTT imho :confused:

I was thinking that facilities can be hired in like anything else. Didn't really look into anything too much but there could be another opening for a subby instructor who is willing to travel. ;)

So Does This Mean That The Cisrs Labourers Card Is Invalid? I Also Heard Through The Tom Toms (Rumour Hopefully) That The Assesed Card Is Also For The Chop, It Just Gets Worse.

Rumours from CISRS were that the assessed card would still be valid just holders would have to attend an actual training course. This could possibly be to fall in line with WAH regs which require training. That is why the CISRS withdrew the assessed route of entry in the first place.

Top Bottom