NASC Jokers

rc22

Reaction score
Working down in Brighton today and Amber scaffolding working on the main road in busy high street and they seemed oblivious to any sort of training at working at height, as lifts all fully boarded and walking boards along lifts with no handrail and then passing them up to next guy to board out with no handrail.
Seems strange is this SG4:10 or is this how Instructor teaches them up at Erith,
but all had there ppe on just didn't know how to use it, is this common practice for a NASC member?

its how scaffolds were built for years and years
if you were that worried for their safety you should have stopped them
NOT GRASSING UP ON AN OPEN FORUM FOR SCAFFS:mad:

Well said happy, the industry is getting ****** up by these nasc jokers!!

This ain't a place for grAsses it palace for helping others.as said above you should of had the bottle to tell them in stead of doing it anomiously on this site.

Not about being a grass is it, that company has its own in-house h&s guy and the blokes cant even be taught how to put handrail in first. Common sense costs nothing or do you put lift in first, gear thrown all across boards and put handrail in afterwards. Or i suppose the old saying is "you cant teach an old dog new tricks" it takes no longer putting in handrail straight away or from the dreaded scaff step !!

Whilst i dont condone grassing, i have never understood why some scaffolders used to insist on erecting the lift then the hand rail , or putting the sway brace in when the job was finished , or trying to see just exactly how high they could get without ties.

I have been boarding out from the lift below since the mid 80s ( mainly because it meant we could chain a lift higher ) And the first thing i always put on was the toe board followed by the hand rail , i always thought it was using common sense and have never needed any NASC to tell me how to bolt a a few tubes together in a safe way.

In all fairness they won't get prosecuted or thrown out the NASC because of this thread and hopefully someone will have a word in their shell-like.

Hard to believe Sussex boys are doing it wrong, they must be Northerners.

Whilst i dont condone grassing, i have never understood why some scaffolders used to insist on erecting the lift then the hand rail , or putting the sway brace in when the job was finished , or trying to see just exactly how high they could get without ties.

I have been boarding out from the lift below since the mid 80s ( mainly because it meant we could chain a lift higher ) And the first thing i always put on was the toe board followed by the hand rail , i always thought it was using common sense and have never needed any NASC to tell me how to bolt a a few tubes together in a safe way.

ahahah just describe patons to a tee hand rails in after lift on a few job which requried it to be tg compliant ..... that what you have to do now. what hand rail on every lift ......whats that for to climb up then ya tossersyeha ill put this sway brace in so i cna climb to next lift an all lol :laugh:

Dave the dope he was nicknamed due to the copious amounts of grass he smoked..... Lol never heard them names for a long time ! Happy days :)

Dave the dope he was nicknamed due to the copious amounts of grass he smoked..... Lol never heard them names for a long time ! Happy days :)

fek knows lol happy days!! lol ya wanna try doing a shift for the misrable ***** lol

Happy days because I knew them in passing and I got out of the area many moons ago :)
Hence the happy days :)

I know what you mean ..... I cracked when sent to do the same chimney stack for the third time ..... Groundhog Day with no escape .....
;)

as regards to the grassing i still dont think this is the place to debate if scaffolders are working to sg4 and tg as previously stated if offends that much stop the guys

nothing personaljust my opinion ;)

Top Bottom