NASC apprentiships

marra watson

Reaction score
there is a few on here work for nasc firms any idea how they work there apprenticeships got a young lad with us at the moment the poor fukers been run ragged for this last week wid us for £25 a day previous to this he has been in the yard. is 25 a day right? out of his 125 a week he has to pay 80 rent and council tax leaving the poor fuker with 40 to live on. a week what sort of insentive is that hell get more sitting ont he dole after his council tax and rent are paid the things a fuking joke nasc have a lot to answer for

It's got nothing to do with the nasc.

I start all apprentices on £85/day.

Our apprentices are paid minimum £6.50 an hour over 42.5 hours and £9.75 an hour at weekends and were nasc members pal.

It's got nothing to do with the nasc.

I start all apprentices on £85/day.

its a nasc firm surley with them being the be all and end all that can stipulate a min wage for apprentices on there companys books or they mor eintrested on the subs fomr the goverment to pay for there courses over 2 years ?????????

Our apprentices are paid minimum £6.50 an hour over 42.5 hours and £9.75 an hour at weekends and were nasc members pal.

thats the way it should be becaus e first year or so is just a lab so should be paid a labs wage ffs

I remember SGB using YTS lads earning £35.00/week.

Didn't do them any harm.

I remember SGB using YTS lads earning £35.00/week.

Didn't do them any harm.

feking slave labour if ya ask me ,£35 learning your trade at 16 living wid ya mam and dad yeha done it me sell and for less but not on your own and goverment wonders why nee **** wants to wrok he mentioned jacking a few time get more on the dole etc told him not to but after him tlelin me today what he got left i wouldnt blame him 1 bit

Last edited:
It's not the nasc who set the wages for apprentices marra, you can't blame them for everything.

I don't believe you mate, but it's a fair starting wage for London.

That's a very good start phil my starting wage on the yts (granted 10 years ago) from them wonderous sgb was £48 a day! Soon as I got part 1 I was given the full £55 tut seen some offering £60 a day on average mate now days

feking slave labour if ya ask me 35 learning your trade at 16 living wid ya mam and dad but not on your own and goverment wonders why nee **** wants to wrok he mentioned jacking a few time get more on the dole etc told him not to but after him tlelin me today what he got left i wouldnt blame him 1 bit

You wouldn't get an apprenticeship up here at 35, 24 max then it's the adult route.

You wouldn't get an apprenticeship up here at 35, 24 max then it's the adult route.

ment £35 quid living at home, ok you can not blame then direct but surley they have something to answer for there firing guidance out at out left rite and center and having to pay for it etc something they should put in place for there audits is a min wage for apprentices .labs they cna dictate evrything eles but the lads wages on the gorund i knwo the nasc arnt to blame the goverment, company etc but surley the nasc for allwanting to make the industry better could do sumet about it

It's industry wide, every single apprentice starts per grade. It is shameful, the cash goes to the employer to cover some of the cost of training. The alternative is get a better paying job and pay for the training himself.

Its always been like that Marra , but that is a recommended minimum wage any decent firm would give the lads a days wages depending on how hard they worked ,turned up etc etc the last apprentice i had ( over 10 years ago ) where stated on £50 a day and if they proved themselves i gave them a raise every six months , so by the time they got their part 1 card they where on £65 a day

Top Bottom