Name the best manager/ supervisor you have worked for.

Lester shaw mattisons not the goons who work for him

John Thompson at Cape.
Andy Creswell at Interserve.
Did my plettac course with Albi Edwards at Donny last year. TBH he came across as a bit of a knob. :amazed:

Best supervisor i worked for was at Palmers in "95" Charlton, cant rememeber his name but he was great cause he never came out on site but always paid us and a little xtra for doing his paper work for him, he was a lazy fat ponse but got way with it.
His mate was a QS big fat geezer cant remember his name either.

Sounds like a great team. They still working together. If so they looking for any scaffs

None Of Them. Supervisors And Managers Are Like Nappies Always Hanging Round Your Arse And Full Of Crap.

Lee jones Benchmark Hounslow Slam projects always gave me and my m8 the over time cuz we was in digs and told us everytime mark burns was gonna lay us off so we cud find something else even tho he was told to tell last thing friday fair fair fella 1 of the best iv worked for
Ian paxton Benchmark westfield shgpping center stratford again gave us some good over time always gave us a challenge and a fair crack from day 1
Mick channasey Keirs got the site agent to suspend me on full pay for two day rather than sack me lol good lad mick was
Ian Atkinson Alltask no ******** talked was straight from day 1

None Of Them. Supervisors And Managers Are Like Nappies Always Hanging Round Your Arse And Full Of Crap.

This is because scaffolders tell the supervisor utter sh1te [oh yes he`s heard it all before a 1000 times] and in the end the bullsh1tters believe it themselves

Fancy asking a load of scaffolders who was the best Manager/Supervisor they worked with, gerscaff opion sums it up, their all tea drinking wa---ers ofcourse, its the scaffs who keep the firm going. And when a scaff does appreciate a manager its usually because their getting what they want from him, wether theve earnt it or not. Well ive worked with some extremely good managers/supervisors over the years, too many too mention, unfair to mention a few. they all worked their bo--ocks off to please their boss, that was never good enough. Its the hardest job out there, a glorified whipping boy, and glad im not involved in that side any more. So next time your out there just spinning that spanner and fu----all else to worry about, that tea drinking wa---er takes the brunt for all your fu-- ups, all the clients fu--ups, and all his governors fu--ups for a p-ss pot wage.

A funny one! Person I learnt most from was Ray Kellard at SGB. Person who scared me most was Alan Reade at SGB...I'm talking about his driving mostly, lol.

Any manager or supervisor that leaves me alone to run my own site smoothly.

Thing is john,any scaff that can run a site smoothly is heaven sent for any supervisor/manager,it's the ones that cant that bring all the grief for all concerned,there are and always will be some scaffs that just dont perform unless their stood over,and i'd bet that most firms have their fair share of these guys:(

For all of you who think most supervisors/managers are sh1te all i can say is give it a try for 6 months and 90% of you would be begging to go back on the spanners

For all of you who think most supervisors/managers are sh1te all i can say is give it a try for 6 months and 90% of you would be begging to go back on the spanners

Ha ha ha. I knew I would open up a can of worms here..
The supervisors I was really referring to are the newly made-up ones who couldnt twirl a spanner in their lives then once they have been given their stripes for some unknown reason, try and dictate to a seasoned foreman or good
chargehand how to run a site, then once it goes tits-up, its the said foremen or chargehand that gets the flak from the boss, as it has well happened.

I wasnt talking as to the experienced ones like yourself GM or BF ect, as a matter of fact, you have already put me off about going into management in a previous post, so I will probably stay on the tools til I drop. :laugh:

There WAS a supervisor years ago when I was a mere trainee at Graystons in Droylsden, Manchester by the name of Joe Reynolds who looked after all trainee/improvers at the time.

Ps. I fully well know the structure of a firm and like all from management down to the trainee, no firm is at its most happy when run smooth, but as you know, there are also bad apples in every barrel. ;)

Top Bottom