my god

gus

Reaction score
i just struck a block of flats today

who ever put it up done a reverse base out (makes sense)
and the reversed the ledger all the way to the top. all 6 floors of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can they be that stupid? surely then must or thouoght

'this is hard work getting the ledger on the inside'

just couldnt believe it

rant over

Last edited:
i have reversed the base ledger for over 20 years know , but f*** putting it on the rest of the job , hahaha must have been a nightmare getting the f***** in

i have seen this before , scaff does it in the base . idiots copy for the rest of the job .a lot of smaller firms put their few good scaffs basing jobs out and the morons doing the rest so they can follow suit

worked for a firm 2 years a go they put the standards inside the ledger rather than be rude i said ohh thats different in hes reply he said its easier when it comes to strikeing.hmmm any one got a saw.

best way to base tube & fittings out with a reverse base.first saw it up in london about 15 years back and have used it ever since....but to do it all the way up a job....lololol..
daft arse's..you are some right carrots in our game..

i done a house a while back working with a scaff of 15 years

clipped the long to the gutter to get me a start

then once ledger was in put me trannie on and meauserd the outside standard and put straight off a clip

he thought i was a base out god

makes me laugh when people dont see an easy way of doing the thing they do day in day out

Saw a temporary roof once where they had placed the sheets on the top first with the lower sheets overlapping them all the way up ,not very waterproof at all.

it works nice until you get some **** trying to clip the double on a cast iron gutter , or over tightens the double and breaks the gutter , even had a so called scaffolder tell me "thats no good for a tie mate"

i done a house a while back working with a scaff of 15 years

clipped the long to the gutter to get me a start

then once ledger was in put me trannie on and meauserd the outside standard and put straight off a clip

he thought i was a base out god

makes me laugh when people dont see an easy way of doing the thing they do day in day out

make you right gus why struggle most lads on the stations use a butt and a sk then your away with the mixer as for a base out god thats exsellent lol.

I used to quite often base out with standards inside the ledger, especially on tight access jobs, makes life a lot easier. Just remember to add on when measuring.....:embarrest:

Never seen ledgers inside all the way up though, must have been a bugger.
Strangest thing I saw though was a 'qualified' part 2 scaffolder putting a ledger in with all the doubles upside down. He must have struggled like a tw.at cause he was only a little lad. I coulnt be bothered asking him why he did it like that, just left him to it.

Sorry lads I am against the reserve base out

seen to many jobs fecked up by wrong measures being taken,and the total mess of some returns they can produce.You should be able to lift the long over the ledger on bricky lift or get your mate to foot them and stand them up on the inside

in my opinion, iv found when your basing out, you need the right size rakers cos the ledger gets in the way if they're slightly longer, and the ground could be un level in places etc! it is loads easier basing out like this but there are some drawbacks like i said. double arms ftw!!

I used to quite often base out with standards inside the ledger, especially on tight access jobs, makes life a lot easier. Just remember to add on when measuring.....:embarrest:

Never seen ledgers inside all the way up though, must have been a bugger.
Strangest thing I saw though was a 'qualified' part 2 scaffolder putting a ledger in with all the doubles upside down. He must have struggled like a tw.at cause he was only a little lad. I coulnt be bothered asking him why he did it like that, just left him to it.

thats what happens when you go on a certain course for 2 weeks. unless he was doing a hanging independent.hahaha hope he put check fittings on ha ha
and they ave the cheek to not accept the ecitb scaffolder.iam not putting the instructors down just the time scale that is imposed.it seems to me as long as nasc and cisrs get there money they dont care.

how can people basing out either way get wrong measurements i measure cntr to cntr of standards so it doesnt really matter where the ledger is , anyone putting standards on inside of base ledger must be strong in back weak in head its a right chew on

swivel,swivel,no problem.
in the midlands its common practice to put your ledger to ledger bracing on swivels top and bottom, iv noticed the further down south you go, its double at the top, swiv at the bottom

how can people basing out either way get wrong measurements i measure cntr to cntr of standards so it doesnt really matter where the ledger is , anyone putting standards on inside of base ledger must be strong in back weak in head its a right chew on

centre to centre is a ball ache unless you're basing out in doubles! inside to centre!!!!

Top Bottom