MSD's and Scaffolding

Alistair i thank you for a most sensible honest response to my previous post. I can agree with your observations and see the credence in your response.

However, i know you Highlanders and lowlanders are made of a harsher breed than us foreigners south of 'Hadrians wall'.

But do you not honestly think that 30 odd year of 'Twirling,Hemping,humping gear,extreme weather conditions, and Eating 'Big boys Breakfasts everyday, does not have adverse effects on the outdoor man, compared to the penpusher, whos weeks exercise is a round of Golf on a Sun morning. then back for Matins with Daphne and Tyrone.

Anyway **** the crap, i wouldnt swap it for a gold pig (I think mmm):nuts:

I have to admit Paddy this is something I have given some thought to. Of course what you do has a bearing on your health but some times you have to make a conscious choice. I have made mine and will take full responsibility for it, let's hope I have the courage of my convictions when the time comes. It has nothing to do with geography to my mind anyway, I have met grafters from all over the globe and a few who are in no danger of ever suffering aches and pains when they are out this game. I still like the saying I heard from an offshore medic pretending to be a safety rep watching me go down a dropper whilst on the tow, "There is no greater incentive than no other alternative". I could hardly spell my own name in school so had very little choice but to graft and like you I wouldn't swap it either.

I take my hat off to you my friend, and hope one day we can be sitting in a pub together, getting pissed and putting this world back together, in the way that scaffs do

We cannot do everything - we can do something; in fact we will do something. We will not endlessly sit idly by just waiting to grow old and die. Whatever we do - good or evil will have a momentary effect then pass. So we can not put the world to right. Perfection is not possible.
Some other person wants to do something different - and who are we to sit in judgement on their actions?

We could do more - and we could do better- but the task will never be completed. Not in my life time - nor yours - not ever - never.
However, lets leave our footprint. (rigger boot size 9):D

Paddy

Top Bottom