morals before money

im glad to see the thread has got the response i expected,apart from 1 but the stats are good.
the money like conditions will come in the long run after a fight,and those who went down the road of self gain will find the phone calls dont get answered when the it all turns full circle.
am i my brothers keeper YES I AM;)

I think the results are speaking for themselves, from my point of view now hard times are upon us the Scaffolders with low morals that used to bounce around who ever was paying the most are really struggling...Its the Men who stayed loyal to the Companies they work for that are benefitting from the fact they get a regular dependable wage, I know in a lot of instances that has been reduced but its still there...At the end of the day we all need to keep a roof over our heads and food on the table...

Good to see the vast majority of replies to this post have been positve,,,,,,restores my faith in fellow scaffs up and down the country.. apart from one negative post. I truly despair when i read self centred sentiment like that,,,,What kind of message is that sending out to the young team coming through...its been a rocky few years for most of us,,but with these newbuild power stations kicking off ,the usual shutdowns and outages lets for a starter buck this recent trend of travelling men giving local adressess,..time to get off the ropes lads and start hitting back !!!!!

totally agree with the wizard,but you will never get rid of the I,M ALRIGHT JACK ATTITUDE OF SOME.working offshore ive heard some crackers to justify 3 weekers like im buying a new leather suite,the 40inch in the kids bedroom is fecked,and last but not least THIS MIGHT BE THE LAST TRIP THIS YEAR(in may).i would also like to state that the travelling men working away and giving local addresses is a travesty which plays into the hands of the multi nationals who want to rip up the national agreementSORT IT OUT LADS:mad::mad::mad:

daftscaff and wizard i couldnt agree more,dont let the money men use THE CURRENT CLIMATE SCENARIO to take away what has been fought for by our predecessors by way of blacklists etc
the new build power stations are about to be announced and as we speak there has been an explosion on a refinery which anyone on the forum could have been onvolved in.
live every day as if it was your last,and protect that which you hold dear

The blacklist is alive and kicking............. I forwarded a CV to a well known offshore company two week ago, having settled out of court in 2010 for a personal injury Claim dating back 5 years, I got an email back next morning off HR asking for my NI number and Scaff registration no to confirm my scaff status, fu*king sett up, I should have never have replied, I effectively confirmed my place on the dreaded list!!...............

Last edited:
Top Bottom