morals before money

happyhugenoet

Reaction score
in light of what went on with a friend and fellow scaff on the bg armada,i pose the question to the forum MONEY BEFORE MORALS*
LETS SEE WHAT YOUS ARE ALL MADE OF.
I FOR ONE WOULD ALWAYS PUT MORALS BEFORE MONEY,THIS IS PARTLY DUE TO MY UPBRINGING AND ALSO TO MY MENTORING IN THE WAYS OF SCAFFOLDING.I HAVE ON MANY TIMES PUT MY MORALS BEFORE SELF GAIN AND MONEY.WHAT ABOUT YOU GUYS

I'm with you on this one Happy.Tho morals are about money,or lack of it. personally I'm a giver,just seems its one way traffic at the moment.

in light of what went on with a friend and fellow scaff on the bg armada,i pose the question to the forum MONEY BEFORE MORALS*
LETS SEE WHAT YOUS ARE ALL MADE OF.
I FOR ONE WOULD ALWAYS PUT MORALS BEFORE MONEY,THIS IS PARTLY DUE TO MY UPBRINGING AND ALSO TO MY MENTORING IN THE WAYS OF SCAFFOLDING.I HAVE ON MANY TIMES PUT MY MORALS BEFORE SELF GAIN AND MONEY.WHAT ABOUT YOU GUYS
Yep....took a few hits along the way for my morals Hugo....apparently there is no blacklist in Britain......METHINKS NOT !!!!!!!

quote Happy "in light of what went on with a friend and fellow scaff on the bg armada,i pose the question to the forum MONEY BEFORE MORALS*
LETS SEE WHAT YOUS ARE ALL MADE OF."

From your statement above, if your friend and fellow scaff, makes his own judgements and acts on them you seem to take offence at his right to make these decisions.

This my friend is dictatorship

What happend to the band of brothers in this case,

it depends on two things,
1.who you are working with,
2. what would they do?

1. some scaffs are friends and will move mountains for you/me and all.
some are the biggest bunch of back stabbing pieces of sh1t i have ever come across.

2. some will back you to the hilt and cover your arse every time, some will shoot you down as quick as look at you (always in the back) and try and shaft you so hard your kids will feel it.

so in my opinion, stand back think about it and do what you think is RIGHT for YOU at the time, we all have different needs at any one time,
ONE MANS RIGHT IS ANOTHER MANS WRONG, but it will change tomorrow.

this is going to hurt:nuts:

Your right Jakdan some scaffolders are 2 faced cu nts pure and simple , a lot of the old school values are gone , which is why i love my small firm we all just get on with it and help each other out .

The Scaffoler....... invented the Bring your bate and don't tell your mate concept............... and to not comply to the: workplace blue book agreement, & Democratic overtime rotor????????????????????????,
dog eat dog is pretty tame!!!.................. compared too a Scaff wanting the weekend.

The Scaffoler....... invented the Bring your bate and don't tell your mate concept............... and to not comply to the: workplace blue book agreement, & Democratic overtime rotor????????????????????????,
dog eat dog is pretty tame!!!.................. compared too a Scaff wanting the weekend.

Fcuk that shag fight your corner, otherwise we might as well give up and all go home. We are what we are my friend the only datf cnuts that will get up there and do the job. when i started i was told we where the last men on site, and i still believe it to be true. Poacher we have had a lot of good times so you should know what i am saying buddy.:sad2:

piece of pi55 saying it all on here,but think most fellas on here have stood up and fought the corner on the promise of others to follow suit,only to be made to look a tool by spineless work mates,who are suddenly struck dumb when the 5hit hits the fan,thats exactly why we are the only trade who are still dictated to,and bow down when told the goalposts have been moved again.:mad:

Scaffolding companies in the Uk number 1000's,so its hardley surprising things cant get sorted collectively. London scaffs are hardly going to worry about whats going on in other parts of the country and vice versa. Everyone's trying to survive. If your all working on the same site,now that could be tricky as happy has mentioned

Happy to me sounds like many people on here, OLD SCHOOL,what our views may be are a lot differant to the so called new regime of easy to obtain ticketed scaffs,loyalty and trust to fellow scaffs seems to be by the by now,its a world of im alright jack!,long as this trend grows were all goosed!!!!

Last edited:
piece of pi55 saying it all on here,but think most fellas on here have stood up and fought the corner on the promise of others to follow suit,only to be made to look a tool by spineless work mates,who are suddenly struck dumb when the 5hit hits the fan,thats exactly why we are the only trade who are still dictated to,and bow down when told the goalposts have been moved again.:mad:
i stand up time and time again, last year easy job on ratcliffe as tag man, we needed a steward step forward idiot me. last feb local men could not get a start but taking on travelling men (witch i have been one since i turned a spanner) needed a witness stap forward the same idiot, I WILL STAND BY MY BROTHERS,

Yes mate, we all know whats right and wrong Daz, old school or not,make your choice and live with it

it depends on two things,
1.who you are working with,
2. what would they do?

1. some scaffs are friends and will move mountains for you/me and all.
some are the biggest bunch of back stabbing pieces of sh1t i have ever come across.

2. some will back you to the hilt and cover your arse every time, some will shoot you down as quick as look at you (always in the back) and try and shaft you so hard your kids will feel it.

so in my opinion, stand back think about it and do what you think is RIGHT for YOU at the time, we all have different needs at any one time,
ONE MANS RIGHT IS ANOTHER MANS WRONG, but it will change tomorrow.

this is going to hurt:nuts:
very true statement jakdan you tell it how it is thank god theres still a few good guys about worse has got to be lending money to so called mates and getting knocked and getting mates starts only to make you look a runt

What choice is that mate,throw yr hat in the ring and get fu+krd off,off do as yr told like a kid,waiting for candy every pay day,the so called scaffolding bodies have got us by the nuts,and we do sweet FA about it.

What choice is that mate,throw yr hat in the ring and get fu+krd off,off do as yr told like a kid,waiting for candy every pay day,the so called scaffolding bodies have got us by the nuts,and we do sweet FA about it.

Well done you Daz !!!!!!!!! A man amongst men .

Just saying it how i see it mate,probs 9 out of 10 blokes on the forum see it the same,all got bills and kids to look after,so no good shouting the odds to get potted is it..A frustrating last couple of yrs for all of us,knowing that plenty of blokes would fill yr spot in a flash..

Morals......all the time, I am the middleman (Union Shop Steward, Union H&S rep, ROES and Appointed person) Used to make good money, used to get a pay rise every year. 20% off bonus targets and no pay rise for 3 years.

I kid you not guys.....the sh1t i get everyday for being a non-paid Union rep, from Management and the guys at the pointy end. its not Money and my morals are wearing thin:eek:

paddy you will be rewarded in heaven.
i have always maintained that i can walk into any tea shack with my head held high(might take my time leaving it though).
i have hit the cobbles on various sites and yards for what i beleived to be right i may have took the hit in the pocket but in the long run it has always been for the right reason,and for the better of the men.

Top Bottom