Moderators

good man ha ha , no mid life crisis yet

can really tell ar much ya enjoying the england game.lol

dont lock this one im having a laugh, please Mr Moderator????? Carry on boys Mr Moderator is sitting in star bucks spraffing to some city dude bragging about the size of his wage slip lol

I have been looking at the scaffs forum for a few weeks now. I have'nt posted much but I log on most days.

There are a few people floating round on here that are forum moderators and i was wondering what it is they are suposed to do.

After the recent post about the company and indivdule we are not allowd to mention, it got me thinking that themoderators should be dleting posts like that as they are put up. Its not only that they dont dlete them, but on lots of ocasions, they actually get involved and slate different poeple. i know the forum is all about opinions, but if we want to be taken seriasly then we should be carefull about who we are slagging off and try not just to moan all the time

I personaly think that the moderators should be chnaged or admin should tell them what sort of posts are acceptible.

dean i think the forum is used greatly for the good of the industry by the many,but i dont think we should be trying to cap peoples views and comments,as for slating well as most big boys in here would say water off a ducks back mate.i like to read the positive comments but with positive comes negative sometimes we need these comments to balance up views,4000 members is why this cosa nostra will be taken seriouse i think mate.

Hi Dean

Thanks for your comments. Unfortunatley the "moderators" hands are tied, they are more guardians in this case as there is a major flaw in this version of the forum software that I am not happy about.

Like I said in my announcment we need to find a balance where every members has their right to free speech yet doesn't harm anyone reputations with false allegations.

I want to see good debates and If companies have truly done something wrong, then the forum should be able to expose them. For example Slav getting his money.

However members shouldn't be able to make false allegations about individuals and organisations.

I think generally everything is ok. Negative Comments and Rants are the nature of forums on the Internet and I think most scaffolders and people involved in the industry would expect that on here.

I still think more positive posts and helpful comments still outweigh poor posts by someway. With 4,000 must be doing something right?

What do you all think, is the forum going in the right direction?

P.s. Phil there are no digs mate but you can have as many fag breaks as you want!

i think the forum is finding its feet very well.

if you want some advice on forum software Admin i know a man who has tried and tested a few both free and bought .

Did someone mention TAX and EXPENSES??? Gis a call to sort it all out for ya! :)

Don't know about anyone else, but I think the forum is heading in exactly the right direction. Debates can get heated and things said that can't be withdrawn as easily as posted but we are not children. I think most already feel we live in a "Nanny State", one of the reasons I enjoy the forum, is the opinions given from a mix of men from my industry never before been in the same room together let alone discuss, debate and hopefully then action their ideas. Off the top of my head I would say the jobs we are producing are of a better quality thanks to ideas I have gleaned from the forum, board retainers, self tapping bolts, timber frame ties(a major headache) and even Cads estimating programme has kept many a client off my back. I would love to say kick all purveyors right in to touch and keep the forum for the men erecting the gear, but that is being naive and without them I would never have made the improvements that I have.

Love them or loathe them, agency's are here to stay and are an important part of our industry. Threatening to take their ball home was not only childish and a bit pathetic but self harming. I noted he wasn't going unless he could take all other agency's with him, at least he recognised he would have left himself in a much weaker position than his opposition should he have upped sticks and left, and there in lies the forums strength. Do not underestimate it or undervalue it and make them pay to advertise along with the many other suppliers.

That been said, I'm not a big fan off attacking or abusing another user either, but every body has fights and fall outs now and again, it's how you move on from them that sets you apart from the crowd.

This is my opinion only, other opinions are available, please don't give them my ip address admin.(unless it's Fatima, She ow's me $8.5 million.):D

Well said aom

I agreee with all you said, the Scaffolders Forum is now a reconised source of information within the Industry

If you look at the stats there are normally two or three times the number of guest's on the site as there are members

The Guest's are people involved in this industry that are hearing about this site and coming for a nosey. We do not know who these people are or who they represent, another reason to moderate our own post's unless we can back up our comments as fact in a court of law.

I am no lawyer but have always believed to be guilty of Libel or Slander you have to be spreading lies or untruths.

PS aom it will take you a lot of typing with post's that long to make your next 1,000 (back to two liners)

Last edited:
Top Bottom