Mixing Systems?

Its wicked course mate, never been a fan on system but there roof system, loading bays and staircases are the dogs bolllox....
Who was your instructor ????...lester.??

There was a roof on Mull last year that finished up in Canada before it landed.

Australian bloke feet and inches man so liked him lol!! think the course could be longer than 2 days thou den as theres a lot of components to cover but was fine pretty relaxed to days thou m8

We did the week course which included the whole shabang, but your right with the relaxed approach, they treat you realy well, friendly and helpful. Would reccomend the course to all.

the only system worth its salt is the benefits system
you can make it work no matter what new regs come out
its even foreigner friendly as there seem to be no issues with translation or interpretation;)

At first i thought al was going on about a beverage mixer......as i was going to suggest a cocktail shaker...lol

your right there happy recon there even lay a taxi on so you can sign on with all this bad weather did you no if your unemployed your intitled to £500 pound from work and pentions if you have a new child but!! if your working computer says no the whole benefit system stinks

I'm glad we got to the bottom of things anyway.

my wife and me had to pay fortunes for nursery fees so that she could go back to work only to see taxis pulling up to drop off kids who live 2 streets away and whose mammy happened to be a junkie.why the feck someone who doesnt work needs childcare is beyond me
the fact they get a taxi sent to take their children a 5 minute walk away is a fecking disgrace.
we struggled to get our kids in due to lack of spaces,because it was full of junkies kids and assylum seekers feck me gently
YOU CANT MIX DIFFERENT BRANDS OF THE SAME TYPES OF SYSTEM AND BE FULLY COMPLIANT ;)

Ffs kev.....he's off.....the scottish version of the tazmanian devil.

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

I'm glad we got to the bottom of things anyway.

The only thing i got to the bottom of is my bottle of ale, time for another.

my wife and me had to pay fortunes for nursery fees so that she could go back to work only to see taxis pulling up to drop off kids who live 2 streets away and whose mammy happened to be a junkie.why the feck someone who doesnt work needs childcare is beyond me
the fact they get a taxi sent to take their children a 5 minute walk away is a fecking disgrace.
we struggled to get our kids in due to lack of spaces,because it was full of junkies kids and assylum seekers feck me gently
YOU CANT MIX DIFFERENT BRANDS OF THE SAME TYPES OF SYSTEM AND BE FULLY COMPLIANT ;)

I wish you want stop dancing roon the hooses and tell us what you really think.

you should not mix different manufacturers components together as they can be dimensionally different
load data is different as each manufacturer needs to test there components both individually and as structures calculations are carried out for the generic structures
No designer or manufacturer would endorse the mixing of different manufacturers components as when you mix you are making a hybrid scaffold that needs its own calculations which would need a lot of effort,research and cost.Your insurance would not pay out if you had issue and the manufacturers would have no liability.HSE would want to see the manufactures instructions and load data which you wouldn't have.
The mixing of different manufacturers components is illegal across Europe with prison sentences for designers and owners when this is carried out and scaffolds fail.For example NF mark in France.
When training centres carry out training on a scaffold system type like cup they should now be doing specific tool box talks and talking in detail about the manufacturers user manuals,load data,parts catalogues and identification of the type to be used and advising no mixing what so ever.
From my experience contractors are getting well aware of issues regarding mixing and are taking a no tolerance attitude to it as manufactures cant endorse this practice.
Scaffolders need to stay safe and not be compromised by companies that carry out this practice of mixing.
Hope helps AOM

That's how I have always viewed it, but I'm not sure it's a stance widely taken in the industry. I still think it's a ticking time bomb for some.

QA and QC all the gear with physical independent testing.

The Europeans accept it as gospel,that scafom, layher, plettac, mj gerust and monzon are all gerust bautechnik approved ( the little bear is stamped on the document) for mix and matching and god only knows layher fought it kicking and screaming.

Ask layher for their own inhouse ring system tests on their competitors kit, the sound of silence is what you will get.

Same as NASC, layher just bully soft people who cant see the trees for the forrest.

I Would Never Mix Any System, ie Kwikstage With Climastage Or Cuplok With Genlok The Tolerances Are Totally Different And So Is The Weight Of The Components,Climastage Is About Half The Weight Of Genuine Kwikstage.

Feck me got half way up a office block in cuplok, yard run out of gear and had to finish it with tube & fitting :embarrest::embarrest::embarrest:

QA and QC all the gear with physical independent testing.

The Europeans accept it as gospel,that scafom, layher, plettac, mj gerust and monzon are all gerust bautechnik approved ( the little bear is stamped on the document) for mix and matching and god only knows layher fought it kicking and screaming.

Ask layher for their own inhouse ring system tests on their competitors kit, the sound of silence is what you will get.

Same as NASC, layher just bully soft people who cant see the trees for the forrest.

Flannel- Little Bird tells me you work for a Layher/Cuplok copier called At Pac,explains all the inaccuracies you like to quote whilst trying to sell Chinese s_it into the UK

Top Bottom