Mixing Systems?

aom

Reaction score
This may have been discussed, but I was wondering if anyone knows as now they have moved the goal posts on system training does that mean there are no longer restrictions on mixing different systems together?

I talked to one supplier the other day who reckoned they spent a load of cash proving you can mix their kit but don't want to release the info for fear of others just copying their figures and maybe losing out on jobs if everyone knows you can just go round the houses to see who is selling the cheapest gear.

Yeah, they will want some answers and not afraid of spending some cash to get them.

I take it you have always just mixed then Hatter?

Ive seen loads of mixed around, works where practicable,and cant see site managers/clients complaining if it means no hold up to projects, T&F with haki stairs attached on design jobs as one that springs to mind, Splays with cuplock internal standards t&f outside.:cool:

Probably true Fred, but what if it was lying on it's erse and they asked you who's guidance did you follow and do the guidance notes allow the systems to be mixed?

I just wondered now the training has been changed to be all encompassing, has the sites?

Its all about ties/stability safe working platform aint it? tbh,its probly more to do with protecting ones courses and sales plan. Maybe some designers could give a better answer

the training is for ring type systems so thats good
we have a couple of ring type systems but had one made slightly differently to suit a particular project
we can mix some of the items but try not to, well sometimes 😵
not many clients give a feck anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The clients don't have a scooby doo. I've always stuck to one and one only, even my card has one specific supplier on it but they tell me I can update that to a lock system.

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

I didnt think you could mix system, due to different load designs on each componant.

I think you are right Den, but if your card cays you can build all the mixture of system maybe you can.

as long as your design works to the weakest or lowest loadings you should be good
🙈

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my taking on the new card system is you can erect any type of system that is on your card.I dont think it allows you to mix as its all ok till something happens,then what brand of system is to blame ;)

I agree, but I think it's caused a bit of confusion.

scaffolders getting confused
next youll be telling me part1s are applying for jobs in dubai and having the cheek to ask if diggs are provided:eek:

Whats scaffolding....???
Didnt know you could get a job in dubai, if so you think they will provide digs????

apparently alistar haki is the system that can combine tube and fitting were its recognised as compatable this is what we were told at the main haki supplier in Birmingham who are cisrs registered not saying other componants wont work but this is what we were told mate

Nobody appears to be sharing their information though Kev. I didn't realise any testing had been done in this regard but it has and they are still keeping shtum. To be honest, I was thinking more mixing same types of system different manufacturers.

Its wicked course mate, never been a fan on system but there roof system, loading bays and staircases are the dogs bolllox....
Who was your instructor ????...lester.??

Top Bottom