Missing mods???

bigfish

Reaction score
Much like the French during times of military engagement,the majority of the forums moderators have gone AWOL,this is very disappointing as we had a fine body of men who performed heroically whilst the forum was under attack from far east spammers,this time it's the mod team under attack from within the forum,these once upstanding team of moderators are content to silently sit back and watch from the sidelines whilst their compadres are branded "power crazed"and certain individuals have even been termed "knob head"and we've even suffered professional racism by be branded clowns,wholly unacceptable,and I can reliably report that sgt marranator Watson has been lost in action on the Algeria frontline,god bless him,so this is a call to arms to the absent mods,man your keypads fella's,your forum needs you;):D

Much like the French during times of military engagement,the majority of the forums moderators have gone AWOL,this is very disappointing as we had a fine body of men who performed heroically whilst the forum was under attack from far east spammers,this time it's the mod team under attack from within the forum,these once upstanding team of moderators are content to silently sit back and watch from the sidelines whilst their compadres are branded "power crazed"and certain individuals have even been termed "knob head"and we've even suffered professional racism by be branded clowns,wholly unacceptable,and I can reliably report that sgt marranator Watson has been lost in action on the Algeria frontline,god bless him,so this is a call to arms to the absent mods,man your keypads fella's,your forum needs you;):D

ill still be swinging and the axe if falling marra lol

13 WERE CHOSEN
how many merrit it:eek:
as for missing BF i will agree YES THEY ARE MISSING AS USUAL
BUT QUICK TO COME ON AND DELETE INSTEAD OF POSTING TO KEEP THE FORUM GOING:eek:

ill still be swinging and the axe if falling marra lol

Thank the lord,the marranators answered the call to arms:p

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

13 WERE CHOSEN
how many merrit it:eek:
as for missing BF i will agree YES THEY ARE MISSING AS USUAL
BUT QUICK TO COME ON AND DELETE INSTEAD OF POSTING TO KEEP THE FORUM GOING:eek:

With respect happy,i don't know the answer to the chosen few question and the likes of yourself and Alistair should have at least been asked imo,serious answers to real questions and good posters,the reality of it is that the forum doesn't need moderating as chaos rules is the only real rule,as you can probally tell by my recent posts I take it all with a pinch of salt mate,the only consellation is that the forums benefitting from everyones perceived views of the attendant mods,but it's at least it's more entertaining than the usual pish that gets posted continuesly;)

I think we need some fresh blood as mods, no disrespect to the likes of rigger, orac, GM or flinty but i agree with bigfish. Surely the role of a mod would be someone who is posting reg ie...every other day, and keeping a watchful eye over the unruely lot that we are.
Now in my humble and honest oppionion, happy, aom, ssc , phil 181, southerpoofter and john the manc should be considered as new forum moderators.

Let's be honest, does it really matter? The mods were instated when the forum was under threat from legal threats not because we all started talking a load of guff.

Let's be honest, does it really matter? The mods were instated when the forum was under threat from legal threats not because we all started talking a load of guff.

Once again you are bang on the money my learned friend.
History shows that on this forum certain moderators have abused their powers by deleting threads because their friends demanded it, altering posts to suit their own ends and insulting members.
"The mods, the mods we got to get rid of the mods"

Not mine mate.
The sequence of events went like this:
Google 'we are the mods'; find suitable image; copy and paste link to SF; link doesn't open and apparently leads to some random homosexual's photobucket album; joke backfires spectacularly.:(

So Stoned are we saying that isn't you dancing. This is lining up for a good topical Friday thread. :)

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

Edmund Burke

Quite a few of the members still posting, remember what this Forum used to represent.

We always had the members that treated the Forum like a three year old with a colouring book and a crayon, scribbling on every page as fast as possible with no thought as to content or presentation. With a little help the three year old will learn about such things as respect for others and self worth.

This time last year 700/750 members visited the site every day, we are now lucky to have 350 log in, let alone post or start a thread.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

Edmund Burke

Quite a few of the members still posting, remember what this Forum used to represent.

We always had the members that treated the Forum like a three year old with a colouring book and a crayon, scribbling on every page as fast as possible with no thought as to content or presentation. With a little help the three year old will learn about such things as respect for others and self worth.

This time last year 700/750 members visited the site every day, we are now lucky to have 350 log in, let alone post or start a thread.

Good post. You warned it would happen back in October 2011.

It's been said before but you can only talk about your favourite double or which impact wrench for so long. Chaos was always going to ensue. Maybe the forum pages need updating to offer more topics ie sports, computer related, or other interests. I know anyone can start a topic on these threads in the forum pub but if there was a bit of encouragement we might see quality threads. Maybe the moderators should be starting more quality threads and lead by example :)
I could start doing babe of the week thread again :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom