Metric or Imperial

Feet and inches when doing loading lists and talking to most scaffs, metric when estimating.

I was taught metric at school & imperial on site.
I use imperial on the spanners & metric for paperwork, drawings etc it's just saves time converting everything over. :idea:

As I attended school many years ago, I think in imperial but is no bother to convert to metric, maths was always my best subject

Late seventies you could get drawings in Imperial or metric had to watch it when taking off and pricing from "drawings".

Another plan to erode our way of life and intergrate us into a united Europe, But we still have our "pints" at the pub, and at markets can still weights in lbs and ounces

i think you will find they can't :mad:
Pounds and penance | The Guardian | guardian.co.uk

Feet And Inches For Me Chaps, Im A Child Of The 60s, Plus Its What I Was Taught To Use By My Chargehand.

Feet and inches for me, something that has stuck with me.

freddy in metric it wouldnt be boards it would be decks or pans,eigther way STAY AWAY.big heavy and clumbersome and some even have hooks that you have to drag along till they land on the tranny

Alloy pans are light as feck on cuplock but the hook pans are a cnut.

I pulled this 19 year old one day and went back to my place to show her my 'erections'... i told her i was 10.4 long and she was overjoyed...

Until i told her i use CM instead of inches and 10.4cm works out to 4 inches.
She laughed all the way home and told everyone, where i drink.

So yet again, i need to find another boozer to get pissed up in. :nuts:

Feet and Inches every time---a Scaff learned me to measure my boards by adding up to nine---

for example 72 " ( 7 + 2 ) = 9 therefore 9" boards will fit into 72 "

another way gary which i use is exsample 5x5 boards equals 50 then minus the 1 inch x 5 boards which equals 45 inches then add a extra 2 inches for the bolt to bolt which makes it 47 inches feet and inches all the time:laugh: any one confussed then your not a scaffolder any one still use there hands lol!!

im confused , i work in both but thats cos im a clever coont :)

Congratulations Scaffy, 5000 posts and they are starting to get bigger, that was almost a full sentence.

another way gary which i use is exsample 5x5 boards equals 50 then minus the 1 inch x 5 boards which equals 45 inches then add a extra 2 inches for the bolt to bolt which makes it 47 inches feet and inches all the time:laugh: any one confussed then your not a scaffolder any one still use there hands lol!!

No tape need boys us carrot cruncher use good old chalk & bubble;)

Wow i nearly done a whole sentence xx

I use metric for estimating and clients and imperial to the lads or when explaining a project in the office.

Cheers
You still got wagons for sale ?

Top Bottom