Metre rate for hand rails

fredscaff

Reaction score
Any one know the UK labour only rate for hand rails erected off steel per linear metre?

last job we done of steels , 2 x sk and a butt + 8ft punch triple handrail we paid £5 per metre up 2.50 per metre down , but the firm booked out £25 per metre run ha ha

haha yeh stiched yaself up there then

scaffy on a good site i can put 200 t 250 mtrs a day up triple rail generally while ever who im working with stands an watches most time except when helping load the picker up, thats a grand a day , id have my CSA bill paid off in no time :laugh:

superscaff - where ya based mate we need to talk , got a nice 1000m handrail job in thamesmead goin up next week
Il pay the csa direct haha

superscaff - where ya based mate we need to talk , got a nice 1000m handrail job in thamesmead goin up next week
Il pay the csa direct haha

There could be a bidding war going on here. Got a nice lump to take on price too!!

was just working the profit out on that job , so 4 days to put up , no sk involved just leaning in longans so 3 quid a metre = 3000£ **** me il buy a nutha merc out that , fortunatley have no csa grief YET
Phill keep ya hands off i spotted the talent first you can have him after next thur

you boys seem to get a good price for hand rail last i got was a quid a meter for a run in of a lift was 2 and ahalf quid and they wondered why i jacked

usually pay quid a metre for 3rd handrail on a lift , often wonder if im to generous

was just working the profit out on that job , so 4 days to put up , no sk involved just leaning in longans so 3 quid a metre = 3000£ **** me il buy a nutha merc out that , fortunatley have no csa grief YET
Phill keep ya hands off i spotted the talent first you can have him after next thur

That's ok mate I've only got 350LM to build.
Should be a Friday and an easy Saturday mornings work....

no that don't sound so bad just uk access go in too cheap and pay **** and wonder why guys leave

thought thay was a big outfit mate , usually go in top dollar and pay ***** is how its done !!!!

they are quite big they have got themselves a new estimator who can get the work in but seems to get prices wrong the price per meter varies on different sites so it is hard to know what targets you need to hit to make reasonable money where are you based scaffy ?

fair comment mate , hopefully he will find his feet and everyone will make a buck !!!

yeah so now i have to find some work now oh well another one in the boat lol

haha scaffy im based county durham , i set myself up by doing handrails and safety netting used to travel the country with wagon overloaded with ally tube an safety nets from peterhead to croydon east to west , i put 3 bay of kit a time on picker , needles, punchions , tube and fittings then go up in air and dont cum down till need to load regardless whether it a 20ft eaves or 100ft eaves

Top Bottom