Lorry driving

from 2014 every hgv driver will need cpc its a load of **** stuck in a class room talking about strapping up n tyres etc etc mate.

There is a cpc trainer sponsoring the forum, maybe try him. We have done nothing about this but no doubt will have to add it to our ever expanding list.

Just to add to the discussion about the boys in blue knowledge or lack off, I was at the roadside for hours once arguing the toss about hire and reward as I only have the restricted disc, eventually I found an FTA handbook that clearly stated the cop was wrong and he left rather sheepishly after calling on another 2 vehicles to charge me.

There is a flow chart in a VOSA publication which gives this information. I have tried to attach it so hopefully you can see it.

As for tacho exempt, I was under the impression that as long as a wagon had a tacho fitted (Regardless of use) it had to be calibrated in line with the rules which I think is major calibration every 6 yrs and general calibration every 2 yrs.
K

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

from 2014 every hgv driver will need cpc its a load of **** stuck in a class room talking about strapping up n tyres etc etc mate.
But not scaffolder drivers I done the first 8 hours then to be told didn't need it if this is any help

Last time I checked, the advice was seek legal clarification if you feel you are exempt. Sailing a bit close to the wind if you need a lawyer, still haven't done it though.

Top Bottom