Looking for some advice

Will we just call it an honourable draw.:D:idea:

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Let us know what you think newbie and how you get on.

there is a timber frame tie pal its an apollo tie its like a long screw with a ring on the end hammer them in at floor level and screwthem in youll get a fiiting with them with a hook on that fits to a tube happy fixing!

We should mention the site sponsor ADI who also supply these ties but to date no web site and it's been a while since I've heard anything from him. Apollo is just who supplies me but his web site is up and running.

http://http://1stdirectory.co.uk/companies/58354_apollo_construction_products.htm

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

Ha ha, Paddy is going to love this, not only does the link not work but it's the wrong one and Apollo web site is still under construction as well.:embarrest:

I'm worse than the agencies but I can assure you that is definitely my last attempt at uploading a link.:cool:

Unless I really really need to.:suspicious:

We went for a TG20:08 familiarisation course, conducted by ******** safety where we were told that we could remove bracing on Two consecutive lifts, One being fully loaded and the other Fifty per cent loaded.

However, if it was not for this Forum, as we have had no further information relayed to us, by the training provider, we would of still thought this practice was legal.

Perhaps, if Mr Bigrig that knows everything, and read every post, had joined earlier. There would of been no need for the cammerardrie of the SF.

Askbigrig.com springs to mind:D

That's the thing with so called training Paddy you have to be very careful where you get it as despite the claims from some I feel there are too many wanting your cash without taking the responsibility of ensuring the accuracy of the information. I've said it before and I will say it again there is far to many people interpreting the rules in different ways.

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Show off.

im on a timber frame at the mo we have tied in to floor cassettes with appollo ring bolts and i have drawing saying ONE lift of braces can be took out at a time

If that is what the drawing says dave that will be right but it is possible to remove 2 lifts if you do it correctly.

makes me laugh the way we are all so unsure about this that or the other these days
we used to always take out the top lift of braces and put them in as plan braces on temporary roof jobs for the roofers and i never seen any movement , i really do think we are finished thinking for ourselves lads they got us scared to do anything any more.

aye aom i no you can do 2 its the client mate wates living space there over top like that tie pattern 4sq meters

makes me laugh the way we are all so unsure about this that or the other these days
we used to always take out the top lift of braces and put them in as plan braces on temporary roof jobs for the roofers and i never seen any movement , i really do think we are finished thinking for ourselves lads they got us scared to do anything any more.

Thats what worries me, never felt more unsafe.

Comes to something when you question yourself:wacko::cry:!!!

we get questioned on what we do best that is make a pile of tubes @fittings in to a work of art . You get people come to inspect your jobs and tell you its wrong . This guy has just done a two day scoffold inspection course and he is doubting guys thats been doing the job 20,30 years .The last 3 weeks i have been pulling my hair out on this site im on with the site agent he has to find fault with our work eg a cuplock stair tower with a link to another stair tower we had to cut a board to fit between 2 standards tight clipped down board wasnt going anywhere but he made us put extra transoms to the toe of the board in case it moved ????

yeap the same as the plastic board inserts its getting fooking stupid yeah they look lovely untill someone trips over them when they get walped where did scaffolding go wronge!!!!

Top Bottom