London ledgers

How can the ledger be in the way of the inside board ?
1.goal post
2. spacer butt a level length to bottom of double works out 12 inchs to center of ledger
so 10 inchs from inside of standard to building.
3. 39 inchs between inside standard and center of outside standard gives you 4 boards wide and 2 inchs for your toeboard

You know what i mean though.
'Normal' inside Ledgers are on the outside of your inside Standards (if that makes any sense, lol)

If you reverse it, your Standards may still be 12 inches away from the wall, but now your Ledgers are only 10 inches away...
Your inside Board buts up to your Standards and not your Ledger.

2 inches less probably wont make too much difference, to be fair.
Thats what i tell my missus anyway, rofl. :D

ben they aint the bees knees mate they are the dogs nuts , much safer way of working , you aint gotta stand long up against a gutter and pray to god it dont decide to fall on your nut, i started doing it this way in the 80s and have never had the urge yet to revert back to " the Northern Ledger " :)

Spot on Phil,

like i said each to there own but this london ledger or reverse ledger is definatly a street scaffolders way of working yes i can see its benefits but comeing from a industrial backround its always been ledgers inside a kicker lift and most or if not all jobs sks clocked on to beam work or structure on every other lift so you only end up with the standards at the end of each job any way. which are always clocked off unless some numpty has un done them. same as a street scaffolder rates putlock comeing from a industrial back ground i dont rate this stuff each to there own chaps

Always reversed the ledger and I was taught that way UP NORTH, not just a London thing me thinks. Much easier to put the goal posts up and walk your other standards in instead of flipping 16's/21's up in a 12 inch gap

bit like the mushy peas and the mars bars in batter they never caught on down south lol!!!

If you don't reverse ledger give it a go and then tell me its not better, there is always room too improve. then try a leaner

reverse ledgers, im only 5/6 years experience, we ALWAYS do it, my firm mostly does taylor/crest or barretts homes work, and we always reverse ledgers, nice facework, delicate stone sills etc.... "and its bloody easier".... legality?? we have had the hse out to many of our sites, never pulled.....

I agree with VLLB,a lot easier to put the base in this way then put your lrdgers back on the inside for the rest of the lifts.
I havnt tried the 'London' method, but next time I can I will and will report back.

dont know were they get the london ledger from must be northener term i allways called it reverse base out

I think its great just like a dyson hover fantastic why put your back out and smash your knuckles must be getting weak in me old age but try it you wont look back.and to be honest i thought everyone now done it this way, well any one who aint got a point to prove.

I see the appeal and use it a few times but if you base out using out side ledger you got tonnnes of space and if its a 2 up 2 down and ya crnt lift it over the leadger rest it on gutter and push it over the ledger simples seen loads of scaffs struggle putting standards in once the inside ledgers in i dont know why ither

Bad practise imo standing long up the gutter unattended one of my mates had one come down on his head how he is still here is beyond me but very glad he is i would sack anyone straight away if i saw it.

I niver stand them up orrs scaffolding use the gutter to rest it on to push it up and over the out side ledger then drop it back down and place as inside standard if ya get me/ if no ya got lads of rum to flip them in side the bay with an out side leger

reverse ledgers, im only 5/6 years experience, we ALWAYS do it, my firm mostly does taylor/crest or barretts homes work, and we always reverse ledgers, nice facework, delicate stone sills etc.... "and its bloody easier".... legality?? we have had the hse out to many of our sites, never pulled.....

Watford who do you work for , i done lot for WGK years ago

Top Bottom