London ledgers

benjo0211

Reaction score
Can anyone point out the benefits of london ledgers apart from being able to break your long in

WTF are they :nuts: hope there not like the leaners..lmfao..

Can anyone point out the benefits of london ledgers apart from being able to break your long in

That's the reason some people reverse the inside ledger on the base out mate.

It serves a purpose on a scaffold with very small leg centres - like a heavy rated gantry, for example.

Also where you might set out close to the building structure, or if scaffolding a structure which may be easily damaged if it came into contact with a scaffold tube.

Alls I see it as is for breaking long in if you are to close to a building your still guna have to get to a bolt, typical southerners... Backwards haha

Alls I see it as is for breaking long in if you are to close to a building your still guna have to get to a bolt, typical southerners... Backwards haha

Yeah maybe, but if you've got 600mm C/C standards and you're basing out 100mm from a glass fronted building, then I suppose you'd be silly not stick up your inside goal-post and plonk your uprights in.

Each to their own, I suppose...

Im a born and bred Londoner and ive worked in London my whole life and ive never heard of a 'London Ledger'.
Can someone elaborate please? ;)

Im a born and bred Londoner and ive worked in London my whole life and ive never heard of a 'London Ledger'.
Can someone elaborate please? ;)

It's the old reverse inside ledger on a base lift.

Oh ok, i got you... ive always called them Reverse Ledgers, lol.
I might start calling them 'London Ledgers' as it sounds better. ;)

Only benefits i can see in using them is, if your a lazy f.ucker - you dont have to struggle flicking 16fts/21fts up, in tight spaces between your inside Ledger and your building, lol.

Me? I dont like doing it, as i think it looks crap...
Rather struggle with the inside Standards, but make the job look neat on the Base-out.

I dont use them myself,but some of our lads do,but i do wonder about their legality,as anyone been pulled up for using that method?:suspicious:

Jeeez jason mate your first southerner I've come across who don't think they're the beez knees haha

Ive worked on jobs where Scaffolders have done it and to my knowledge none of them have never been pulled for doing it.

Though, that dont mean that on some sites, it could be deemed 'illegal'.
Different sites = different rules.

i like to do them then use the same measurement so the boards don't fit doh :embarrest::embarrest::embarrest:

strugling with standards is for the in experience slash artist to lasy to do a proper job!. goal posts pinch bars before before standards yes with the london ledgers!( new to the name but i can see it working).
leaving the tube stood up resting againest a soil pipe or a window sill lip is far to risky especially up town or strike with a freshley rendered building never leave nothing to chance unless its working without a harness.

Oh ok, i got you... ive always called them Reverse Ledgers, lol.
I might start calling them 'London Ledgers' as it sounds better. ;)

Only benefits i can see in using them is, if your a lazy f.ucker - you dont have to struggle flicking 16fts/21fts up, in tight spaces between your inside Ledger and your building, lol.

Me? I dont like doing it, as i think it looks crap...
Rather struggle with the inside Standards, but make the job look neat on the Base-out.

yeap looks crap each to there own had this argument last year on a job but hee hoo each to there own if you can handle a tube you wont struggle anyway 16ft the biggest keep ya 21s :laugh:

ben they aint the bees knees mate they are the dogs nuts , much safer way of working , you aint gotta stand long up against a gutter and pray to god it dont decide to fall on your nut, i started doing it this way in the 80s and have never had the urge yet to revert back to " the Northern Ledger " :)

That's the reason some people reverse the inside ledger on the base out mate.

It serves a purpose on a scaffold with very small leg centres - like a heavy rated gantry, for example.

Also where you might set out close to the building structure, or if scaffolding a structure which may be easily damaged if it came into contact with a scaffold tube.

Don't get reversing the inside ledger mate, to get legs closer to structure.. make it worse would'nt it ??

No.
The Standards should be in the same place.
Its just the Ledger thats closer to the building, but then again if the Ledger is closer, it might cause problems, if you need to flip the inside Board for a down pipe or something - you wont have your 9 inch or 10 inch gap or what ever - it will be alot less and all the way along your Base lift.

How can the ledger be in the way of the inside board ?
1.goal post
2. spacer butt a level length to bottom of double works out 12 inchs to center of ledger
so 10 inchs from inside of standard to building.
3. 39 inchs between inside standard and center of outside standard gives you 4 boards wide and 2 inchs for your toeboard

It's the old reverse inside ledger on a base lift.

set a block of 6 houses out over the weekend using someones "pinch rod". little did i know until the phone rang hot, that the boards did not fit. not enough on the inside and too much between the standards. moral of the story. always cut your own "pinch rods"

Top Bottom