london boys

I doubt it mate.

Yes, lots of guys in UK dont have much idea about overseas work Phil.
Thats why I told him to Google it as will give him an idea and save him from wasting his time.
I get lots of CVs from guys with part 1 and 2 with no offshore experience, been in the game 3 years wanting to come here on the spanners.
Most end up getting the delete button or the shredder.
Some make interesting reading though and some from the older guys.
Wish I had kept them and put them in a book would be a best seller in the fiction section lol

Yes, lots of guys in UK dont have much idea about overseas work Phil.
Thats why I told him to Google it as will give him an idea and save him from wasting his time.
I get lots of CVs from guys with part 1 and 2 with no offshore experience, been in the game 3 years wanting to come here on the spanners.
Most end up getting the delete button or the shredder.
Some make interesting reading though and some from the older guys.
Wish I had kept them and put them in a book would be a best seller in the fiction section lol

Yeah all true.

I too have seen some horrific CV's! :laugh:

no didnt realise at the time

should of done as i have known a few guys to go do this

dont think im ready to retire just yet im still enjoying the hard graft

no didnt realise at the time

should of done as i have known a few guys to go do this

dont think im ready to retire just yet im still enjoying the hard graft

One place were they do (or at least did) employ a small amount of western labour (foreman scaffs) was at SGB in Cairo.
Not the most glamorous place in the world and the money wouldn't be anywhere near as good as in the Middle East, but it might be a bit of fun and they didn't expect people to do long stints out there.
Things change though and I'm going back at least 4-5 years, but it's just a suggestion if you want to see a bit of the world, whilst playing around with a pile of rusty old tube...

Last edited:
One place were they do (or at least did) employ a small amount of western labour (foreman scaffs) was at SGB in Cairo.
Not the most glamorous place in the world and the money wouldn't be anywhere near as good as in the Middle East, but it might be a bit of fun and they didn't expect people to do long stints out there.
Things change though and I'm going back at least 4-5 years, but it's just a suggestion if you want to see a bit of the world, whilst playing around with a pile of rusty old tube...

Certainly right about Cairo not being the most glamourous place in the world
I heard carillion have a big project there.

Top Bottom