Loads on the wagon

scaffman1

Reaction score
Took a wagon for a test the other day, talking to the man from VOSA at the test station he informed me that,if caught from now on with tubes sticking over the back of a lorry or (as most of us do with eight and tens and thirteens etc. at the back of the tail) unless they are strapped down, which is a problem in itself if you have two stacks of boards either side it is an immediate prohibition order on the lorry and endorsable with a £90.00 fine.

Anyone had an issue with this ??

Took a wagon for a test the other day, talking to the man from VOSA at the test station he informed me that,if caught from now on with tubes sticking over the back of a lorry or (as most of us do with eight and tens and thirteens etc. at the back of the tail) unless they are strapped down, which is a problem in itself if you have two stacks of boards either side it is an immediate prohibition order on the lorry and endorsable with a £90.00 fine.

Anyone had an issue with this ??

Nope,but they did tell one of the drivers that he needs a cargo net over the fittings and fives or he'll nick him even though the wagons have dropsides up front,god i hate vosa,they seem to be hellbent on stopping us working,even when they dont find anything they start quoting all kinds of sh*t,i think they just make most of it up,tossers:mad:

No i have not,But when i got done for over loading a few years back vosa did say they was looking at it and a friend of mine got done by them for insecure ladder it was hanging on a butt on the head board of the lorry.
So i think it's only a matter of time after all it's an easy target and to be fair some of the scaff lorry's stevie wonder loaded them.

I got stopped last year and got fined for unsafe load because I didn't have a strap over end of tube but had a ratchet over boards,vosa told me to get a roll of netting over end of tubes then put strapes over netting so there is no movement if he can move tubes on lorry he said he can do me for un sate load

Never really had a problem with VOSA but might have a fairly serious problem with the boy's in blue as I got snapped with one of their camera's overtaking a line of other cars at around 100mph on an A class road.:(

Never really had a problem with VOSA but might have a fairly serious problem with the boy's in blue as I got snapped with one of their camera's overtaking a line of other cars at around 100mph on an A class road.:(

burn it out marra tell them its been niked

haha, unfortunately marra, the motor is worth a bit more than the expected fine. The brother who is a cop reckons a fine might not be an option and they will drag me in front of a real judge.:worried:

Not in your wagon surely aom? Lol
Did a lot of work up the west coast from Arrocher to Appen and we'd regularly hammer the 7.5 tonner on those roads. Good days :D

No, it wasn't but you are right, these roads were built for thrashing the 7.5 tonner before they all were fitted with a limiter. Think the best I got was around 90 out an old Leyland road runner down the rest and be thankful. What were you doing round this way and who for? Not much happening in Appin, think I have done a couple of houses and a primary school.

A mob I was working for a few years back had a contract with Everest, the window and conservatory people. So it was all over that neck of the woods. They would send a fax into the office with pictures showing where they had to get access to and me n the mate would decide how we were going to do it and load the wagon before heading off to do it the next day. Had a good run at it for a couple of years. Saw a few places I'd never managed to get to in leisure. Mull, Islay and Campbelltown to name a few.

haha, unfortunately marra, the motor is worth a bit more than the expected fine. The brother who is a cop reckons a fine might not be an option and they will drag me in front of a real judge.:worried:

You're not going to the big house for a spell are you alistair:unsure:mind you,you should be good at doing porridge:eek::D

Buy a lorry with a 22 foot bed put a rack on it , then 2 short standards at the back from the rack and put 2 stop end toe boards on it thats what i do , not saying it works but never had a problem with VOSA yet ;)

Thought about it but as she pointed out, I was over taking so I they will have a picture of my ugly mug.

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

You're not going to the big house for a spell are you alistair:unsure:mind you,you should be good at doing porridge:eek::D

Hopefully not bf, might have a struggle to keep a grip of my licence though depending on my speed.

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

A mob I was working for a few years back had a contract with Everest, the window and conservatory people. So it was all over that neck of the woods. They would send a fax into the office with pictures showing where they had to get access to and me n the mate would decide how we were going to do it and load the wagon before heading off to do it the next day. Had a good run at it for a couple of years. Saw a few places I'd never managed to get to in leisure. Mull, Islay and Campbelltown to name a few.

Were you using jelly? We did their work for a while as well but they couldn't organise a pi55 up in a brewery if their lives depended on it and getting paid was always tough so we back heeled the lot. An Ayrshire mob took it over but it soon dried up and they reverted back to ladder. Your right about the country, I love it here.

What is it with governers and JAGS my mate bought a XKR SOFT TOP and the first thing he did was go through a speed camera that takes a picture from the front

I've had mine for nearly 2 years but as I am working all the time it's only the Mrs that drives it. Two years old, 7000 miles and the most expensive shopping trolley in Argyll, so when I had the chance to give it a good thrashing I took it. Obviously a tad too much.:embarrest:

I also thought I may have got away with it as the camera was set for traffic going the other way and as I was on the wrong side of the road I hoped it wouldn't get me, obviously wrong on that front as well.:(

Thought about it but as she pointed out, I was over taking so I they will have a picture of my ugly mug.

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

Hopefully not bf, might have a struggle to keep a grip of my licence though depending on my speed.

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Were you using jelly? We did their work for a while as well but they couldn't organise a pi55 up in a brewery if their lives depended on it and getting paid was always tough so we back heeled the lot. An Ayrshire mob took it over but it soon dried up and they reverted back to ladder. Your right about the country, I love it here.

Aye mate, jelly for the basics but more often than not there'd be t&f involved in addition for those 'hard to reach' areas.
We were gettin paid from as soon as we left the house till we got home to Glasgow. Most jobs could be tackled in a shift. Most of the time was in travelling. Good shifts though, especially chuffing a number driving down by say, loch fyne of a summer evening.

Top Bottom