Loading wagons

marra watson

Reaction score
H0w do you load your wagain 7.5 up to the big boys

3 boards wide itherside tube in middle ??? Just curious as we have a18tonner and gaffer wants it loaded with boards at the front 1 side 5ft tube and readkylock ther front other side asnd then packs of tube over the back and boards?

Both big and small loaded the same way and sometimes not that much different with quantity either. Boards, 10 high either side then 4 omega boards across to hold a couple of hundred boards then 21's down to 8 foots stacked on the back with 5 foots and fittings base plates up the front and all the sundries like gates and hatches flung in the middle or where ever we can squeeze them.

They are in the van along with the board retainers.;)

AOM, how big is your van, cause them safelinx are fooookin massive and impossible to handle!! I just can't find anywhere to store them.:nuts:

Yeah, they must be nearly a meter long and the same weight of a packet of crisps, don't know how we manage sometimes.:noworry:

Same big or small lorry 13"" tube 16"" tube 21"" tube 10"" tube 8""tube in that order on back , 3 ladder beams for bridge across tube to carry boards , 5"" tube and fittings up front,
6 Polish labourers in sleeper cab.

haha, hope you charge them rent.:laugh:

Believe it or not Phil I just got your email last night, sorry for not getting back to you but I will.:embarrest:

no Allan you can put 6 tonne on a 3.5 tonne lorry no problems so you need the beams to hold all 200 boards nice and safe

H0w do you load your wagain 7.5 up to the big boys

3 boards wide itherside tube in middle ??? Just curious as we have a18tonner and gaffer wants it loaded with boards at the front 1 side 5ft tube and readkylock ther front other side asnd then packs of tube over the back and boards?

Been a while since i loaded a 7.5 tonner up.
But, i usually do, something like:

2 rows of 13ft Boards on both sides, about 18 high or something.
Then, 8fts and 10fts on one side (same side as the 5ft/6ft tubes at the front), with 13fts and 16fts on the other (same side as the fittings up the front), with ofcourse - 21fts straight up the middle. :)

Not sure about the weight, but i used to load the f.uckers right up to the hilt, lol.

I have never been one for counting but i do stick to rules if it looks tidy and the wheels roll without rubbing then the jobsagooden

Not in my yard Rigger, all for one and all that.

Remember when i first started scaffolding in 1982,and was driving a 7.5 ton ford d series.The wagon was only about 16ft long with a big head board at the front,and no power steering.We used to load the 21s over the headboard to such an extent that i seriously thought the steering wheel was gonna snap off it was that fking hard to turn.Power steering was only for posh sissys lol.

Top Bottom