Lift shaft

kentscaff

Reaction score
Hi I need advice on how much to charge for a lift it has 17 working platforms
Cheers

That sounds about right Hatter , but will depend on how you get the gear there and if if it needs all 4 sides handrailed and toe boarded , and if you need to ladder stage it with trap doors , all the engineers drawings tend to state is " to conform with all current HSE regulations " there may well be an adaption needed depending on what sort of lift they are putting in there.

Is there another lift to get gear up to the floors. Ive done a few lift shafts and there ****. No room to move. Id guess £170.00 per lift.

Thanks for your help guys. There's no lift to get gear to each floor.and there on about a handrail on the roof that's 34 m ground to top of building with no crane wot the max I could charge for that?

Hire a mastclimber like anyone else would and put it up yourself:idea:

I done a lift shaft once in Manchester,oxford rd.wouldnt want to do one again,very dangerous,when we put it up it was eight ft by six ft,they put two extraction pipes in,side by side,all way up.we could only just get past them to get up,no access from top,as it had some fancy tower on top.if there had been a fire ,or owt like that,it would have been like being in a chimney.no ladders,as the longest we could get in was ten foots.what im saying is,be sure you know what your getting into.it was about seven or eight lifts high.

They are a nightmare. The ones I've done were to a drawing from the lift installation guys. A set distance off each wall and set lift heights. You may have to cut a load of boards to fit. The main contractor should sort the lighting and ventilation out if needed.

Top Bottom