Lift Heights (1 Viewer)

spannerman

Reaction score
Ok lads, what is the maximum lift height for a free standing timber frame scaffold. Just had an enquiry and they stipulate a 3.4m lift from ground floor slab, then 1 x 3.0m lift, then a 2.9m lift, feck me how tall do they think scaffs come in!!!!
It will be on a block of flats with a perimeter of approx 72.0m plenty of room for buttris/rakers, kentledge if the designer requires.
I know the designer will give me the answer but what are your thoughts?

1st lift 2.7m maximum then 2m for proceeding lifts. Think you can go higher with a design drawing though.

It will be a design and in the past the max we have done is 2.7m as some of you have mentioned. Just thought 3.4m was gigantic!!

Yep. 2.7m.. otherwise design...

Did a lot of "H" blocks for Wimpey 17 & 25 storeys high in 80s/90s

The lifts were all 9ft 2.7m one lift per floor

Erected off a dummy lift two boards wide, no handrails used.

Did a lot of "H" blocks for Wimpey 17 & 25 storeys high in 80s/90s

The lifts were all 9ft 2.7m one lift per floor

Erected off a dummy lift two boards wide, no handrails used.

Them were the days.............:blink1:

every lift at 2.7 should be at cassette level i used to tie with ring bolts in to floor only when joiners have nialled to niall pattern but yes i have used dolphin brace

its a piss take for plan bace with knee braces at 2meters well thats wot i was told when i questioned it

whats a dolphin brace lads :wondering:

It's a pyramid shaped bracing pattern often used to support the end of a cantilivered beam or steel section.

Basically, you punch a tube up at the end support for the cantiliver and brace back to a tie or node point. You then fix a pull-back tube the opposite way onto the section you are supporting.

Dolphin bracing.

ok lads, what is the maximum lift height for a free standing timber frame scaffold. Just had an enquiry and they stipulate a 3.4m lift from ground floor slab, then 1 x 3.0m lift, then a 2.9m lift, feck me how tall do they think scaffs come in!!!!
It will be on a block of flats with a perimeter of approx 72.0m plenty of room for buttris/rakers, kentledge if the designer requires.
I know the designer will give me the answer but what are your thoughts?

a bit of clever planning and the use of hop ups and extendable transoms and you could have all 2m lifts no problems for all trades. Just allow in your price for return visits or a man in attendance

ps all timber frames need a design so fukc it and let him worry about it:nuts:

Top Bottom