Leveling

Thanks for that it's along time since your refreshing my memory , what about Standers pluming in your going to tell me to make a template LOL any short cuts

well me old slim shady theres no wonder your scaffolds out of plum if you using standers and not standards me old mucker

Thanks for that it's along time since your refreshing my memory , what about Standers pluming in your going to tell me to make a template LOL any short cuts

Same thing really, don't even take your level aboard just measure everything. Are your eyes painted on.:laugh:

Sorry, couldn't resist. :embarrest:

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

like you said aom base plate 150mm the ship could be in the perfect storm it wont change the level of the deck then just staff off its threads like these make me wonder if tickets are actually given away like sweets it must be kin true in the olden days on puddys ur eye was the level and it always worked tooooo many perfectionists in this game tooooo many chiefs not enough Indians and toooo many agencies jobs fecked were all fecked we must redeem ourselves and all become johovahs witnesses ps toooo many sherbets
tonight in the battle cruiser

I suppose someone had to tell us all at one time or another.

As posted earlier base out at the kick lift use 3.4.5. staff your lift height use the old magic eye
Then prefab from the kick lift tyranny’s ledgers you will never use a level again
Always Always prefab

Old joiner I knew used yo carry a fuk off long clear plastic hose everywhere on his jobs, he used it for setting the levels on false ceilings, stakes for concrete footings etc etc.....filled it with water and water always finds its own level......or put a raker off the side of the ship to the sea bed its not brain surgery :D

Eye it in to start then measure off.

I allways find its best to just have one person in the squad doing the eyeing in though other wise just turns into a scaffolders debate.

Ahhhh the old scaff debates.....some reason.....some talk of prison.....an impending divorce.....settle on one way but slag it off to fuk when the toeboards are going on it :nuts:

Ahhhh the old scaff debates.....some reason.....some talk of prison.....an impending divorce.....settle on one way but slag it off to fuk when the toeboards are going on it :nuts:

Yes mate try not to get involved in them anymore.

Go work switch off get payed go home

I worked on the TLP some years ago, horizontals and perpendiculars were taken from a fixed point, steel work ect...same as FPSO's...thats what we got eyes for, old Skool way PMSL ;)

Steady on Gary,too much info from the forum boys. Salardin will go into overload

All the best for the new year Gazza. and welcome to the forum salardin, was a reasonable question, done a tower on a boat down in kew awhile back,boat had a terrible lilt on it. couldnt use a boat or water level l:Dol Same method as yours Gary.

All the best for the new year Gazza. and welcome to the forum salardin, was a reasonable question, done a tower on a boat down in kew awhile back,boat had a terrible lilt on it. couldnt use a boat or water level l:Dol Same method as yours Gary.

:laugh: :embarrest:

And welcome salardin ( salardin??? he fought the knights templar u old **** :laugh:)

haha Luv it, history lessons from young Bobby.

Fuk it,you know how to stick a leaner up salardin??:D

Sorry den freds already sussed than one out

Back to the thread I for one can't answer it better that phil181s response so out of safety reasons I won't even try salardin mate good luck ;)

Top Bottom